Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Cameron deBoth

New Fly Tying stuff :D
« on: 24/06/2008 at 11:34 »
Hey all,

This is mainly to show Hamish what I got but thought I would share it with everyone.

Got some CDC packs, 2 Cock capes and some thread. All TOP NOTCH quality.

Look at the cape, much better that the other one I have which is running out, alot more usable sized hackles on these. Always run out of the small ones :s

cheers

Cam

Jay Scott

Re: New Fly Tying stuff :D
« Reply #1 on: 24/06/2008 at 13:09 »

Aye Cokkshill do some cracking materials! Brilliant dyed pheasant and peacock might i just add and would reccomend. Capes look great Cam!  :z16

Jay

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #2 on: 24/06/2008 at 14:07 »
Aye Cokkshill do some cracking materials! Brilliant dyed pheasant and peacock might i just add and would reccomend. Capes look great Cam!  :z16

Jay

yea really happy with the quality, already tied a few klinks and they look great :D

Jay Scott

« Reply #3 on: 24/06/2008 at 17:34 »

Just out of intrest Cam what size bags of CDC are they?

Jay

Tam Greenock

« Reply #4 on: 24/06/2008 at 20:12 »
How much is a good cape selling for these days

Hamish Young

« Reply #5 on: 24/06/2008 at 21:25 »
Some nice stuff there m8  :z16

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #6 on: 25/06/2008 at 01:17 »
- they are bags of 100 feathers

- they have cheaper capes but the guy sent me these as i specified for small to medium hackles, think these are best quality they have, £6.50

yea really chuffed, the guy was going on holiday the day I phoned (monday) low and behold stuff arrived today (well yesterday now, tues) great service!!!

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #7 on: 25/06/2008 at 08:22 »
I managed to get a Black, a Cree, a Ginger and Greenwells Metz capes for £10 each :) I can get around 4 flies per hackle, more on the smaller flies..they are superb! :) They are so fine that the smallest ones will do a size 18 with no problems and down to size 20 on some hackles.

The joys of closing down sales :)

Hamish Young

« Reply #8 on: 25/06/2008 at 09:32 »
yea really chuffed, the guy was going on holiday the day I phoned (monday) low and behold stuff arrived today (well yesterday now, tues) great service!!!

Aye, I've bumped into the Cookshill guys at a couple of shows and it's very difficult not to spend any cash on their stands  :wink
Quality materials, never been less than impressed with their stock and always helpful  :z16
Pleased they sorted you out OK  :cool:

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com