Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Welcome to our Social Stream  :z16

To view the main forum - simply click on the Fishing The Fly Scotland Logo.

Pages: [1] 2
Nice afternoon for a wander :)

0 Comments
If you know, you know *smiley-tongue-out*

1 Comment

0 Comments
Barrio GT90 ll Fly Lines :
keep an eye open for a review of the GT90 ll in the February 2022 edition of Fly Fishing & Fly Tying magazine :)

0 Comments

1 Comment

3 Comments

4 Comments
Black Saturday - can't imagine a fly box without a few Black Spiders in it :)

2 Comments
Who said early season fishing is fun? *smiley-grin*

Pic from a few seasons ago, I think Andrew took this one?

0 Comments

I have been thinking back over the season and the year past, days of fishing that have been and gone. I was reminded of my second to last outing of the season and Euan saying 'one last run down the pool' and the mixture of grim determination and sheer delight that crossed his face when a fish took. The photo doesn't quite do it justice, to be fair.
It encourages me to raise a glass and toast many more 'one last cast' or 'one more run down the pool' for us all next season and for as long as we are able to fish - or tell stories about fishing :z18

So long 2021, roll on season 2022  )

Read More

2 Comments

Had a wander about Monymusk.

Fair bit of lumber down on the upper half of beat 2 blocking the 4x4 track to the upper boundary with beat 1. Can still get round on foot.

Thankfully most of the fallen trees are in the middle of the wood and none along the river banks.

Read More

6 Comments
Trying to figure out how the little blue guy does it??????

1 Comment

Duncan

2 Comments
Sit back and relax ..... Hamish and the Caddis armchair :)

1 Comment
Took the long way home from work yesterday.

Cracking views. But would look a lot better if the river had trees along the banks.

Ivor

2 Comments

1 Comment

0 Comments

2 Comments
We got very lucky with the weather on our trip to Mull in June this year. Perfect panoramic views. Then we had to walk back down in the middle of clouds, good experience for the wee man.

3 Comments
Took a wee trip to Burghead at the weekend

1 Comment
Seems that Variants are the in thing this year
Here’s my March brown Variant of the CDC Spider

0 Comments
No, sorry, we don't do 'trending' *smiley-funny*

4 Comments
Here’s a sexy lady to kick things off! *smiley-wink*

6 Comments
Barrio GT90 ll fly line and a splash of pink ..... subtle meets glamour *smiley-grin*

0 Comments

5 Comments

One of my favourite fish shots from the year

One of my favourite river shots

A Favorite Fly/rod shot from early season

A shot that makes me feel good

And an oddball that I happen to like, the proper Web.

Sandy

Read More

1 Comment

This is a good time of year to look back through your season's photos :)

Let's have a wee photo competition - post your pics in the Social Corner section of the forum, as many entries as you like, and at the end of the month I'll choose a few of my favourites.
These will then be set up in a poll for the forum members to vote for a winner.

For the prize, the winner can choose the fly line of their choice from the new Barrio Smallstream ll and GT90 ll range :z16 ...

Read More

3 Comments

I reached a milestone in my glass obsession recently when I completed glass rod no.150.

Obviously there are a good number more in total but I thought the 150th glass rod was momentous. It was only 2012 when Mike got the first Epic blanks across and this journey began, maybe 2013 when it started to become an obsession *smiley-tongue-out*

This one I did on what is regarded as one of the all time classic, glass tapers, a Steffen 8 3/4wt in 3pcs. I made it the way I fancied doing it and I have to confess Im already rather fond of it. In fact this is Steffen no.3 and its fast becoming a new obsession :X1

totally different colour,

Read More

1 Comment
Here's an oldie ..... one of my favourite photos on the Don :)

1 Comment
Venice 2015 - the closest I've ever got to feeling like Mr Bond  )

0 Comments

After 6 days stuck in the hangar, todays sun made me feel alive.

The water was looking pretty nice too, such a shame we dont have any grayling :(

Read More

2 Comments

Not many places in the northeast I like better than Glen Tanar. This was last week but it looks amazing all year round.

Always seems to get the Sun as well :)

Read More

1 Comment

1 Comment

Trawling through a collection of old photos on the look our for something my Mum is after, I found this:

The photo was taken on my second trip to Assynt, on my way to a small hill loch near Clachtoll, I'd forgotten all about this photo - one of very few that remain of that trip.
It's a stunning part of the country :z16...

Read More

9 Comments
Will and Ben at Haddo :)

1 Comment
Young master Liam enjoying the learning curve ..... a few moons ago :)

0 Comments
Looking forward to next season already ..... it's gonna be a long winter *smiley-grin*

0 Comments
Well, seems like a good caption to me :z18

5 Comments
Ben really didn't like float tubes the first time we got him out in one *smiley-funny*

3 Comments
with my new fishing pal ...

But were obviously not fishing as its closed season !

The good news is she not a 'jumper-inner' so that is great !

5 Comments

Into

2 Comments

Last day of 2021 season on the Dee

1 Comment
Looking back towards Inverness

3 Comments
New Zealand trip 2014  )

0 Comments
Cracking day to be on the river and catch up with Steven  )
Much chin wagging and laughs :z16

1 Comment
Great photo of Rob and Iain  )

3 Comments

0 Comments

Is it just me, or is there a hint of 'Back To The Future' in the Inverurie town hall *smiley-grin*

Heavy metal fly fishing :)

Sad to see Watson's sitting empty *smiley-unhappy*
But I'm sure it won't be long before somebody sees the opportunity in such a prime location :z16

Read More

5 Comments
Don't always need to be fishing, I can just have fun working out where I think they might be :)

Certainly a bonnie spot and not too far from the distillery.

1 Comment
Took a quick wander to the viewpoint at Dulsie Bridge (crosses the Findhorn) the other day, have to say I've seen uglier places!
Mobile 'phone photo doesn't do it justice.

3 Comments
Pages: [1] 2

To make a post on the Social Stream - simply go to the main forum and post in the Social Corner section  *smiley-wink*

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com

Designed in Scotland - manufactured in the USA - cast with confidence all over the world