Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Noel Kelly

Re: Any ideas?
« Reply #15 on: 05/05/2012 at 07:23 »
Take him out for an hours casting on grass before going to Haddo. Stick a bit of wool on the end of the leader, no fly until he gets an idea of what to do. Also make sure ye are both wearing glasses!

Quickcast 84

« Reply #16 on: 05/05/2012 at 11:27 »
Thats ok if he wants to catch fresh air,casting aint everything.most fish are metres from the boat.go straight in to the boat and if mistakes are made you will learn from them quicker,i think you will learn quicker this way and get a feel for the water?

Noel Kelly

« Reply #17 on: 05/05/2012 at 18:53 »
Thats ok if he wants to catch fresh air,casting aint everything.most fish are metres from the boat.go straight in to the boat and if mistakes are made you will learn from them quicker,i think you will learn quicker this way and get a feel for the water?

I couldn't disagree with you more. A small boat that you are paying for by the hour is definetly not the place to learn to put a fly out.

Liam how did ye get on then?

Liam Stephen

« Reply #18 on: 05/05/2012 at 19:10 »
Just went straight out with him. He was okay I suppose  :roll one nailed his olive fritz and was netted, so not a complete failure. I was also nice and let him take in one of mine. All mine taken on the Klink n Dink!  :z4

:z16

Liam

Noel Kelly

« Reply #19 on: 05/05/2012 at 19:13 »
Just went straight out with him. He was okay I suppose  :roll one nailed his olive fritz and was netted, so not a complete failure. I was also nice and let him take in one of mine. All mine taken on the Klink n Dink!  :z4

:z16

Liam

Cool. Glad he caught something.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com