Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Main Discussion Area / Re: The Weather
« Last post by Sandy Nelson on Today at 15:56 »
A bit of water  won’t do the river any harm. I took the temp this morning at 14degrees which is about ideal.
She was running beautifully clear too. The Don is quite a river too for water quality.

Main Discussion Area / Re: The Weather
« Last post by Mike Barrio on Today at 11:04 »
Moving the timeline along to Wednesday and Thursday in the forecast display in the first post - looks like we could see a fair bit of water in the North East later this week.
Rivers & Lochs / Re: My neck of the woods currently
« Last post by Mike Barrio on 18/05/2024 at 12:18 »
Looks awesome Graham  >)
Rivers & Lochs / Re: My neck of the woods currently
« Last post by Sandy Nelson on 18/05/2024 at 09:01 »
Just beautiful  *smiley-love*
Rivers & Lochs / My neck of the woods currently
« Last post by Graham Nicol on 18/05/2024 at 07:47 »
LIving in Hampshire I am fortunate in being surrounded with chalk streams which at this time of the year are quite simply stunning. The ranunculus is forming, mayfly is appearing and cuckoos are singing in the background. We had one of the wettest Winters in recent times and the aquifers are full to overflowing and so even if we have a drought like Summer flows ought to hold up. Nevertheless we will probably see a hosepipe ban again!

Rivers & Lochs / Re: Straying across the water
« Last post by Mike Barrio on 17/05/2024 at 21:18 »
Nice one Terry - Enjoy  >)
Rivers & Lochs / Straying across the water
« Last post by Terry Coging on 17/05/2024 at 20:53 »
I'll be straying across the water for my annual trip to Ireland tomorrow.  The usual venue is the Drowes fishery but I will be concentrating on L Melvin in the boat. Can't manage the bank fishing on the river these days. Hoping to pop down to L Sheelin for a day too. I've visited L Melvin many times over the past 40 years or so but never  during mayfly time.
Hopefully the nat will oblige this time.  I'll be testing flies tied by 3 forum members  :z16 ...and there will be a barrel of chilled Guinness waiting for us in the cottage  :z18
Life is good.....
Fly Tying / attractor ordie
« Last post by James Laraway on 15/05/2024 at 13:31 »
Now i love an ordie, especially with a pink tail.

This one is a bit of a variation - the tail is stripped blob chenille fibres for just a touch of colour

The hackle is claret grizzle hen.

Tackle Talk / Reel Full Circle
« Last post by Kevin McPherson on 13/05/2024 at 20:24 »
Well I think I have gone full circle , don’t get me wrong my Danielsson and new style hardy reels are great but my new reel which I got it for a song and is nothing fancy just sounds lovely , barely any drag but it’s a joy when a fish is on 🎣🎣
Rivers & Lochs / Edinburgh
« Last post by Daniel Rees on 13/05/2024 at 09:38 »
I’m gonna find myself in Edinburgh for a couple of days in a few weeks time.

Any river trout fishing you’d recommend in the area. I’ll have a vehicle so don’t mind if there’s a bit of driving involved.

Cheers
Dan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com