Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Hardy Sirrus 9'6" #7wt for sale
« on: 09/06/2008 at 08:19 »
HARDY SIRRUS ROD  9' 6" 7# - 3 piece

One for the Hardy collectors :! This is an as new Hardy Sirrus fly rod but it is second-hand so to be clear there is no transferable Hardy warranty. The protective plastic has been taken off the main cork handle but it is intact on the fighting butt. The rod is in as new condition in the correct quality Hardy rod tube and Hardy bag - this rod has not been used in anger.
There is a slight (and I do mean slight) mark on the anodised reel seat where someone wasn’t too careful putting on a reel but on the plus side this slight blemish is fully covered over when a reel is fitted.

Finish is to typical Hardy standards, the blank is a really nice rich golden olive colour complimented by quality brown whippings. The reel seat is anodised in pale bronze which really sets the rod off nicely. Hardy described the Sirrus range as having a crisp middle to tip action and I would agree. In the hand the rod feels very light and is really well balanced and responsive. A very forgiving and versatile rod this would make a worthy addition to any anglers’ armoury or collection with either #6 or #7wt lines on it, quite happy with either.
If I didn’t have far too many rods already I might have kept it simply for the way it looks :cool:

Although discontinued last year these still retail at well over £200 but on offer here for a fixed price of £150, quite happy to email photos if required and if mutually convenient can bring along to Haddo – or pop round to Dinnet and have a look, I may even put the kettle on.

If interested please send a PM via the forum first  :z3

Hamish Young

Re: Hardy Sirrus 9'6" #7wt for sale
« Reply #1 on: 17/06/2008 at 18:15 »
Now listed on eBay - and the reserve of £110 has been met so feel free to bid folks  :z7 :cool:

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 25/06/2008 at 09:35 »
Not long to go on the auction  :shock

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #3 on: 25/06/2008 at 12:35 »
you should post the link  :z7

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 25/06/2008 at 23:53 »
There was only one on eBay  :wink It is now (provisionally :!) sold  :z16

Hamish Young

« Reply #5 on: 28/06/2008 at 08:03 »
This rod is now
Sold

:z3

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com