Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ben Dixon

Re: 4/5 wt Rods.
« Reply #25 on: 04/12/2011 at 17:36 »

Speak to Euan (soundmixer) about amps, I know he enjoys taking 'em apart and fixing 'em :z17

:z3

Really?  What's he like with HiFi amps?

Hamish Young

« Reply #26 on: 04/12/2011 at 17:46 »
Really?  What's he like with HiFi amps?

Never asked him, but I very much doubt if it's beyond his technical skills  :cool:

:z3

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #27 on: 04/12/2011 at 18:26 »
What about Banjos, 6 in our house hold
  a John Grey  custom neck
 2 Savannahs one fretless
  a windsor whirle no 1
 2 home made  travel banjos, I am looking for a cello Banjo with a 14 inch head
 all 5 string , Oh and a  4wt 3pc daiwa Algonquin ( canada) bought from ebay for £10, from a guy in Montrose, as nice as rod as I have ever bought easgach 1

Euan Innes

« Reply #28 on: 04/12/2011 at 18:32 »
Lindsay,
PM me with the symptoms and I'll see what I can do.

Ben,
Same but I don't know if I can help. Might be cheaper to buy a new one

Iain,

How do you know the stage is level? The drummer drools from both sides of his mouth  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Easgach,

Now that IS impressive. Never mind us wanky guitarists, hardcore banjo is awesome. Never could do the fingerpicking timing thing so always in awe of people who could  :z16

:z1

Ben Dixon

« Reply #29 on: 04/12/2011 at 18:55 »

Ben,
Same but I don't know if I can help. Might be cheaper to buy a new one

Intermittent sound and crackle on one channel, I have a suspicion that it is something to do with the volume control (which is unfortunately motorised).  Was a fairly expensive bit of kit when I bought it about 10 years ago.

Goosed you think?

Ben

Euan Innes

« Reply #30 on: 04/12/2011 at 20:09 »
Probably.
What is it? How much was it? How big is your budget??

:z1

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #31 on: 04/12/2011 at 23:47 »
hey rob,  what do you call an idiot who hangs about with musicians?

... the drummer

ah, it's funny cos it's true... :)

Ahem..I believe the joke goes, Whats deaf and dumb and hangs about bands...the drummer!..lol

I will have you know the two notes I have to remember for the snare are very difficult. I can never remember which one is fleft and which is right..lol. Add to that the noise of those bloody pipes and it becomes a whole lot harder :)

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #32 on: 05/12/2011 at 21:55 »
OH! soundmixer I play clawhammer, My wife is the better player putting in much more practice than I do, but then she doesnt fish or tie flies and I repair the banjos, but I play a bit and rebuild and repair, easgach 1

Ray Dixon

« Reply #33 on: 18/04/2017 at 13:01 »
Hi Ewan, I sent you a pm regarding one of your guitars. Love​ the Marshall 800. You're right about the old Gibson models. Cheers, Ray

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #34 on: 18/04/2017 at 22:26 »
I remember Taking my 3 wt up to a hill loch but the snag was that I had taken a reek with a 6 wt line on it so I used it wih no problems other than the rod felt slower but it cast well enough , and I caught fish so the day wasn't spoilt, Derek Roxborough

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #35 on: 19/04/2017 at 09:01 »
I remember Taking my 3 wt up to a hill loch but the snag was that I had taken a reek with a 6 wt line on it so I used it wih no problems other than the rod felt slower but it cast well enough , and I caught fish so the day wasn't spoilt, Derek Roxborough

I use a 5 weight GT90 on my Sage XP 3 weight when fishing very close on the river. Allows the rod to load with only 10 feet of line out the tip.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com