Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Drooth4

Grayling
« on: 19/11/2012 at 19:45 »
Hi,
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of fly fishing for grayling in Aberdeenshire? I'm looking to get out during the winter.

Mike Barrio

Re: Grayling
« Reply #1 on: 19/11/2012 at 20:56 »
Hi Drooth4

I am not aware of any grayling in Aberdeenshire, there are not any that I know of.

I removed your question from the River Don section as it was a repeat of this one ..... same answer I'm afraid, there is no grayling fishing on the River Don.

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 20/11/2012 at 07:16 »
Hi Drooth4

The nearset Grayling fishing to Aberdeen is the Dean/Isla/Ericht, permits are available from the Spar shop in Meigle or Kate Flemings in Blairgowrie

:z18

Jim   

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 20/11/2012 at 07:22 »
Hi Drooth4

The nearset Grayling fishing to Aberdeen is the Dean/Isla/Ericht, permits are available from the Spar shop in Meigle or Kate Flemings in Blairgowrie

Where to fish for Grayling in Scotland

http://wheretofish.spinfish.co.uk/wtfgrayling/GraylingAtoZ.html#Isla

:z18

Jim   

outspan001

« Reply #4 on: 20/11/2012 at 08:50 »
Hi there,

You could also try Pitlochry angling association, as there stretch on the tummel is supposed to be very good. You cna book permits on there website, and just print off your ticket.

Cheers

Mark

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 20/11/2012 at 08:53 »
Hi Drooth4

The nearset Grayling fishing to Aberdeen is the Dean/Isla/Ericht,

Or is it? ;) Grayling rumours are getting just as bad as Carp rumours..lol.

Allan Liddle

« Reply #6 on: 21/11/2012 at 17:01 »
No grayling in these parts sadly, although if there were we'd certainly have some of the best on offer in the country.

Closest is the Isla / Dean and other waters in the Tay system, Tay itself, Tummel, Almond and Earn (Kinkell Bridge area a favourite for grayling).
Upper Garry is reputed to hold grayling but unconfirmed and access is very restricted anyway.

Further south there's the Forth and Teith (no idea on access), Esk and Water of Leith around Edinburgh, Clyde (amongst the most reliable and best access grayling fishing in Scotland). Tweed system offers some excellent grayling fishing as well and some big fish are caught each year.

Couple of other waters in the South West but i've not fished these ones as yet and not entirely sure about access / fishing.

Hope this helps

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com