Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Mundie

Good Restaurant?
« on: 20/03/2008 at 21:27 »
Hi Guys i'm looking for a good place to take the wife for our anniversary on Sat night any recomendations?

Dave

Hamish Young

Re: Good Restaurant?
« Reply #1 on: 20/03/2008 at 21:33 »

Dave Mundie

« Reply #2 on: 20/03/2008 at 22:00 »
Yep Hamish that looks nice.

I should have said i stay in pitmedden so a bit nearer would be better if poss.

Dave

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 21/03/2008 at 08:17 »
Have to say the Candlestick is worth the drive :)

What about the Cock and Bull..not been for a while but was always very good.

In town the Carmalite is very very good, down by the station. Highly recommended

Or there is always the place in Udny Station..I think its called "The Green" but I could be wrong...not been but meant to be very good.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 21/03/2008 at 09:55 »
Dave

The Italian in Ellon used to have good reputation , a few years since I've been though. The Brasserie is the Palace in Peterhead is good if expensive.

Cheers

Jim

Dave Mundie

« Reply #5 on: 21/03/2008 at 10:05 »
Have to say the Candlestick is worth the drive :)

What about the Cock and Bull..not been for a while but was always very good.

In town the Carmalite is very very good, down by the station. Highly recommended

Or there is always the place in Udny Station..I think its called "The Green" but I could be wrong...not been but meant to be very good.

The Candle stick looks very good but its long way if we get the snow they're talking about.
Was at the Cock & Bull on mothers day and it was very good.
The place at Udny Station is called The Udny Station (dont think they'd let me in since i refused to do a disco for them!), The green you mention is Eat On The Green in Udny Green but it's fully booked

Dave

The Italian in Ellon used to have good reputation , a few years since I've been though. The Brasserie is the Palace in Peterhead is good if expensive.

Cheers

Jim

Yes Salvatorie the old guy who owned it (and sang when you were eating) sold it to the chef but not heard any reports lately, What type of food does the Brasserie do?

Jim Eddie

« Reply #6 on: 21/03/2008 at 13:21 »
There you go dave http://www.palacehotel.co.uk/brasserie.htm

If you fancy an Indian the Nazma in Queen Street is first class.

Cheers

Jim

Dave Mundie

« Reply #7 on: 21/03/2008 at 16:11 »
Jim
I see what you mean about expensive.

The wife is saying maybe we had better wait to see what the weather has to offer first.

Dave

Noel Kelly

« Reply #8 on: 21/03/2008 at 16:12 »
This is the best place i have eaten so far in scotland (well Aberdeen) http://olivetreegroup.co.uk/groupHome.asp
Think its the part called the black olive i have eaten in. I just ask for a table in the fine dining part when i book. Excellent french style cusine, been very inventive and original the few times i have eaten there. Not overpriced either for what you get imo.
Noel.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #9 on: 21/03/2008 at 16:17 »
Aye , I've eaten at the Olive Tree and it is good.  :cool:

Aye Dave the weather , I'll no be venturing far fom the fireside tonight, I have a hot date with a bottle of Glenmorangie  :wink

:z18

Jim 

Dave Mundie

« Reply #10 on: 21/03/2008 at 16:46 »
Aye Jim at soon's good ti me pitty i got a gig on in the toon the night 7.30pm-1am  :cry but i jist have ti think oh the money  :z16

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #11 on: 22/03/2008 at 13:19 »
We had a works christmas party at the Olive tree...bill was just over £5k for 40 folk!!!!..but it was a free bar ;)  :z18

Very good food ( and wine!)..recommended too!

Dave Mundie

« Reply #12 on: 22/03/2008 at 17:03 »
Thanks for the ideas guys, cant be bothered going to far in the cold so just going to go to briggies in newburgh will venture further next time.

Dave

Che

« Reply #13 on: 25/03/2008 at 07:59 »
Hope Briggies was good Dave :)

Anyway, for next time, by far the best place I've eten up here has been http://www.eatonthegreen.co.uk/

Wholeheartedly recomended, but not cheap :)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com