Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

System 2 8/9 reel and spools for sale
« on: 28/08/2008 at 14:45 »
I've had this Scientific Anglers System 2 8/9 reel and spools for some years now and it's served me well  :z18 having been at the end of many battles with eveything from 1/4lb brownies to double figure salmon  :cool:
Great all round reel with plenty of capacity and many years of service left to it - just need to make way for something else and to be honest she who must be obeyed has already commented that my fishing cupboard is getting a tad 'busy' :wink

The main reel body is a little 'cosmetically challenged' and has some paint missing from rubbing about in boats/banks etc. Reel function is perfect however (I take care of my reels) and the drag is in excellent condition. There are two spare spools, one spool is the unvented type and the other standard. Reel and spools come in lined pouches.

Currently the reel and spools are loaded with the following:
#8WF Rio Mainstream floating line, a #7WF Barrio Intermediate and a Cortland #8WF (rocket taper) superfast sinker. Plenty of backing (comfortably 100yds+) on each spool. Each line is less than 4 years old and would have been lucky to have seen a dozen outings each.

Dont know quite where to pitch this price-wise, seen them go for some silly prices on eBay but I'm realistic and am open to sensible cash/paypal offers with or without the lines. PM or email is best.

Hamish  :z3

Iain Goolager

Re: System 2 8/9 reel and spools for sale
« Reply #1 on: 28/08/2008 at 15:27 »
Hi Hamish,

Might this reel fit the Pike/ SWFF 'bill'???

If so we can talk

Iain

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 28/08/2008 at 15:36 »
It certainly could Iain, have used it for estuary work myself  :z16

Possible you've been beaten to it though :shock

Have a PM or two to answer...... but have popped a piccie of the reel and spools in the 1st post, make me an offer I can't refuse :!

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 28/08/2008 at 16:38 »
1st note of interest registered - but it's open for offers as interest doesn't mean 'bought'  :wink

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 28/08/2008 at 20:30 »
Hamish
Prime Minister sent

Iain

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 29/08/2008 at 08:44 »
Hamish,
If Ian is wanting them thats ok by me...would make the perfect reel for his Pike fishing!!!! As i said, I have already, these would just be spares of for off the rocks so I dont "need" them..you know how it is :)

Rob

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 29/08/2008 at 09:25 »
Hands Off Rob :z7,

Just bought the 9wt series of Saltwater Lines - Floater, S3 & S7(I know!, I know! - wait and try the 10 wt :z10) along with a s/sink Toothy Critter AND the Haywire Twist Tool, Wire, pliers,etc.

I AM MR PIKE!

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #7 on: 29/08/2008 at 10:56 »
Yours if you want them :)

I am sure you will prefer the 9 weight on the rod...:)

I have a cut out seat on its way for your rod...titanium coloured with a black woven carbon insert..looks loverly :) This is them..but in different colours
along with the correct handle...will be a wee bit more than we spoke about, but the reelseat is worth it :)

Your blank is ordered too! :)

Hamish Young

« Reply #8 on: 29/08/2008 at 19:05 »
Reel is now
sold
More fun and games with a new owner and hopefully more than a few pike :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com