Forum > Main Discussion Area

Other Hobbies?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Mike Barrio:
Hi Duncan

Great stuff, haven't tried any veg yet, unless you count Nasturtiums, but I might have a go at some strawberries.
I can see that doing things at the right time in the right place is going to be as tricky as it is on the Don ..... I've got some rather leggy seedlings to sort out  *smiley-funny*

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio:
Chickens, ducks, pond ..... your plot sounds a bit bigger than my wee garden Terry  *smiley-grin*

I'll maybe pay you a visit when I finish the boat .........

Hamish Young:
Gardening...... I think that I have developed more of an interest in our garden in the past 14 months than in the last ten years :!
Some major work done (two raised beds built, a significant log store extension, one new rockery etc) and more  work starting on making it a better space.
However, as I may have mentioned on Facebook, gardening in Scotland is for masochists..... much of the garden was badly frosted only a couple of weeks ago and that has taken its toll on some of my pet roses. Never mind, there's a garden centre 4 minutes walk from my front door  :z18

I think working on the family cars has always been one of my  hobbies but this year I'm going to have a go at detailing them properly. Maybe not the insides.... but the outsides for sure.

Then again.... the steading needs a new roof, the house needs painted inside and out, I need to fit new gates at the front, finish the  work on the entrance (it's not really a driveway), finish chopping up the tree we just took down, fill the log stores before next winter, paint the fence and re-oil the decking. I don't think I have much time to go fishing  *smiley-shocking* Yeah.... right  *smiley-lol*

Mike Barrio:
Aye Hamish, all the new shoots on the Clematis and Hydrangeas that I planted last year have shrivelled up in the frost .... all good fun  *smiley-grin*

I actually read the instructions that came with my seeds, but they said sow in March, plant out in April  *smiley-lol*

Looking on the bright side, we painted the fence last month, so that's one job done.

Hamish Young:
Alas my roses took the hammering in the late frosts this year Mr B, I suspect that a lot will be 'retired' earlier than planned  :z10

Casting my mind forwards to the idea of building/buying some cloches for the Hydrangeas and other 'sensitive' things  that I've planted this 'spring' just in case the weather gives summer a miss and heads straight to autumn or winter  *smiley-funny*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version