Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Re: 1st post so hello guys
« Reply #15 on: 09/06/2009 at 16:00 »
A couple of pairs of thermals work a treat...or a divers undersuit (Teddy bear..about £20)..or as I do, a pair of British Army "Mao" trousers which are basically quilted under trousers.

I just wear these under my breathables..sorted :)

JohnA

« Reply #16 on: 09/06/2009 at 18:39 »
I didn't give that a thought, I just assumed everyone used the neoprene for tubing. He has either PVC or Nylon chest waders so i suppose if he wears a couple of pairs of tracky bottoms he should be warm enough. So I think I will probably do the same and use my Ocean PVC chest waders for the day and then buy the neoprenes later with my chosen tube.  :z18

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #17 on: 14/06/2009 at 08:59 »
Steve advised that he now puts 'Shakey bladders' into his tubes....

I wonder about this statement, no offense. I had a Sparton and an Expedition (the shakey was for Daniel) Both excellant.
I can tell you that in the Sparton i had, the bladders were of a much higher spec denier than the Shakey.
The Bladders were the same type of material as the floats on a North sea Helicopter and i had complete confidence in their ability to stay up, The shakey bladders are good but a much thinner material and i don't believe they would be any where near as strong, However they are probably far more than strong enough for a tube and angler, and there is 5 of them, which is always a very good idea (i did buy this for my Son so i do have full confidence in them :z16).
IMHO if Steve IS fitting Shakey bladders into the sparton tubes, then it is kinda pointless buying one, because the big advantage to the Sparton is the higher spec bladders/ material and thats what you are paying for. But i would want to know this for sure first.

For starting out they don't get much better than an expedition :z16

Sandy

JohnA

« Reply #18 on: 14/06/2009 at 11:03 »
Well I've seen the expedition for £95 and free post so it is looking like that is the one for me  :z16

If I can only remember where I saw it  :roll

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com