Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Offthebard

Re: Haddo Beast?
« Reply #30 on: 07/06/2011 at 14:22 »
We also have a pair on our stocked lake :z5 - well said Mike. Its a pleasure and surely a priveledge to see such animals.

Our club is happy to bare the loss as its all part of the ecosystem, it would seem they are doing a good job at keeping the Red Signal Crayfish under control by the number of munched claws and shells left on the bank.

We have not seen much other evidence of them and certainly no half eaten fish carcasses :z8 but perhaps they drag them of and hide them :?.

Anyway as one of the fisher managers at our place I fully agree with Mikes enlightened attitude towards them, afterall its quite a joy sometimes to see the master craftsmen at work.

Our fish supplier on the other hand found this attitude shocking until I explained that Club members were glad to experience nature truly at work and that the otters were catching troots long before any of us. We in fact were the jhonny comelatelys to the lake and all we had done was make dinner somewhat easier to find :z4.

Sandy. 

paavo

« Reply #31 on: 07/06/2011 at 19:25 »
Having otters, herons and ospreys eating your stock is simply all part of running of a stocked fishery in my opinion :wink

I like them being there :cool:

Cheers
Mike

I´m with you Mike. Where I live we have quite a few of them. I´v never seen an otter, just the prints of them in snow. You are lucky Mike.

//Harri

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #32 on: 07/06/2011 at 20:11 »
Ah  Adambrain an Irish stoat tail?was he a Killarney man?  :z4 easgach1

Mike Barrio

« Reply #33 on: 27/12/2012 at 18:47 »
I'd like some better photos as I think that is my subject for the next painting

so mr B, get the Vaseline off the lens :z4 and get me some good Haddo otter shots.
And I'm with you these should be the only shots getting taken at the otters.

Quality control at it's best IMHO :z16

sandy

It took a while Sandy :oops

Below: A few photos from this thread http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4893.0

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com