Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Happy St Paddy's Day
« on: 17/03/2012 at 07:40 »
Well when some of you lucky guys are off fishing  today spare athought for me stuck far from home  :wink

I'm off to watch Scotland try not to get the wooden spoon. We will be in Jimmy Bradley's Irish bar so it could get a bit lively  :wink

:z18

Jim

Noel Kelly

Re: Happy St Paddy's Day
« Reply #1 on: 17/03/2012 at 08:31 »
The same to you Jim :z18
With three 6 nations games today it's gonna be an endurance test in Jimmy Bradley's. I have full confidence in you. I'm heading into Aberdeen myself for a few...gallons.

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: 17/03/2012 at 08:42 »
I was listening this morning to thing on the radio that was saying that St.Patrick was actually Welsh and that when he was a boy he was kidnapped by Irish bandits and sold as a slave.
After a few years he escaped and returned to Wales and went into the ministry. When he rose to Bishop he went back to Ireland to educate the heathens and it was regarded as an act of complete and utter Forgiveness, hence he became their Patron saint.

I really don't understand Religion at all :z8

I think it may have all been about the Guiness, just to prove he wasn't bitter, or perhaps it was about giving them the Bishops finger :z4

Sandy

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 17/03/2012 at 08:49 »
The same to you Jim :z18
With three 6 nations games today it's gonna be an endurance test in Jimmy Bradley's. I have full confidence in you. I'm heading into Aberdeen myself for a few...gallons.

Your not wrong there Noel, meeting some friends there at 12:00 so it could be a long day  :wink The craic is always good in there though  :z13

:z18

Jim

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 17/03/2012 at 09:43 »
Bishops finger? Being an ex Alter Boy the mere thought of it brings the boak.

Speaking of Guiness, it was infact brought to Ireland from Scotland in 1645.

A young coopers apprentice from Wormit was kidnapped from Dundee in 1639 and forced to be ships carpenter on an Irish Clipper. He escaped one night when the ship was moored off of Guernsey and made his way back to Scotland.
Returning to his original employer & friend he became heavily involved in beer and cider production. Never forgetting his Irish captors and arduous 'imprisonment' he set about creating the most vile beverage known to man & convincing the Irish that it was sustenance from God himself.
Guiness was born.

The actual ingredients is one of the closest guarded secrets of the millennium.

Today I wish to share this secret...........................

2 parts earth to 1 part water, so now you know

Only joking Trig

Happy St Patrick's Day

Matt Henderson

« Reply #5 on: 17/03/2012 at 11:28 »
Are you celebrating by doing anything else Noel? :wink

Noel Kelly

« Reply #6 on: 17/03/2012 at 12:02 »
The bishops finger was only the start of it....

Matt? No idea what you're on aboot..... Wheest

Noel Kelly

« Reply #7 on: 17/03/2012 at 12:03 »
Guinness now there's an idea  :z16  :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com