Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Michael Buchan

Todays Flies
« on: 15/04/2012 at 21:30 »
Popped in past Ben at the shop yesterday before fishing picked up some fish heads and sculpin heads pretty neat alternative to coneheads  like the eyes and the fact that they are counterbalanced so the hook rides the correct way.  Had a couple hours at the vise with them today.

Michael

Peter McCallum

Re: Todays Flies
« Reply #1 on: 15/04/2012 at 21:40 »
You do realise what you've unleashed by posting pictures about 'helmets'. I feel a bad case of double entendres coming on :X2 :X2

Barry Robertson

« Reply #2 on: 15/04/2012 at 21:43 »
You do realise what you've unleashed by posting pictures about 'helmets'. I feel a bad case of double entendres coming on :X2 :X2

Your some man Peter, not everyone is into double enders tho   :z4
Nice flies tho Michael :z16

Matt Henderson

« Reply #3 on: 15/04/2012 at 21:52 »

Next you'll be asking if they are available in purple.........

Michael Buchan

« Reply #4 on: 15/04/2012 at 22:12 »
Should preview posts first  :X1

I should have maybe stated that as well as having eyes and being counterbalanced these helmets are of a circumcised nature ie round headed  :grin

Iain Goolager

« Reply #5 on: 15/04/2012 at 22:16 »
Liam,

these are NOT designed to be deployed by 4wt rods  :oops  what? eh? oh, sorry was it a secret, sorry!

Michael, you're tying up some seriously dodgy stuff there  :shock

Iain

Liam Stephen

« Reply #6 on: 15/04/2012 at 23:52 »
Iain 

That's it out then I guess  :oops won't be making that mistake again. The culprit is going to be framed along the the shattered tip  :roll  :z4

Michael

Those flies look the biz. Iain doesn't agree as they remind him of a certain 'Pike Fly'... Eh Goo?  :wink

Liam

Ben Dixon

« Reply #7 on: 16/04/2012 at 01:03 »
Nice Flies Michael.

Definitely not 4wt gear Liam, some weight in those heads!

Ben

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com