Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

DruBuc

Dendam/ Boddam Fishery
« on: 16/01/2008 at 18:50 »
Have heard mixed reports about this fishery some saying it was good a few years ago. Don't even know if it is still open As i am a local loon and have just started Fly fishing can anyone tell me if it is worth a visit or not. Looking for a local fishery i don't have to travel to far to (Phd Loon). I have tried Pitfour which was good but willing to try different places. Have tried Haddo and Lochter.

Cheers

Dru Buc

Com on the Mighty Heed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Eddie

Re: Dendam/ Boddam Fishery
« Reply #1 on: 16/01/2008 at 21:53 »
Dru
Its not Den Dam  its Braeside, no fish in Den Dam as far as I know, turn right past the Roxley , go right up Stirling Hill , keep going till you come to sharp right hand bend, turn left up the track as if you were going to De Dam. Drive past the house then you wills ee a gate on the left , drive through this keep starigh on for about 20 yards and park your car.
Jim Hardie the owner will come in about , if he dosen just go down and start to fish. Like everywhre esle it can be tough at this time of year , I have aslo had some great days sport there.

Cheers

Jim   

DruBuc

« Reply #2 on: 16/01/2008 at 23:32 »
So park in the car park which i would call "Den Dam" and fish the water down the hill from the car park (just got it hence Braeside Fishery).

P.S Were does the saying Den Dam come from

Thanks Jedi

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 17/01/2008 at 12:55 »
Dru

The Den Dam is where the Boddamers sail their model boats , instead of turning right into Braeside carry on the track ( you cant drive right to it as somone's put a barrier up) round to the right and you'll find the Den Dam. If you look at the picture , thats the Den Dam in the centre , Braeside is across to the right but cut off on this photo.

Cheers

Jim 

Dave Mundie

« Reply #4 on: 17/01/2008 at 17:56 »
Jim,

Can i ask where you got the picture from as i cant seem to find and satelite images that go much further north than ellon.

Dave

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 17/01/2008 at 18:07 »
Dave

The map is on the Scotland Gazeteer site under Peterhead power station , its also the onyl one I've found for this cornern of the Northeast.

Click on the photo map in the link  http://www.geo.ed.ac.uk/scotgaz/features/featuredetails2018.html#

Cheers

Jim

Dave Mundie

« Reply #6 on: 17/01/2008 at 18:51 »
Jim Great find and its less than a year out of date  :z16

Dave

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com