Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Pitfour Fishery Still Open
« on: 04/12/2007 at 22:48 »
Hi Folks,

I have been made aware over the last week on two occassions that someone at another fishery  has been spreading gossip about Pitfour Fishery being closed, one customer had been fishing else were and only found out we were still open by chance as they had passed and seen the gate open.

One thing said was we were closed for the shooting season and we have given up our lease, the other customer was told we had gone bankrupt and closed and someone new was taking over the lease in the spring.

None of what has been said is true, we will continue to be open through the winter and have secured the lease for at least another year (april 09).

I wont name were this came from as it would not be fair on that fishery even if it was a member of staff saying this there is a change that they were told it by someone else.

Andrew

Mike Barrio

Re: Pitfour Fishery Still Open
« Reply #1 on: 04/12/2007 at 23:24 »
Hi Folks,

I have been made aware over the last week, on two occassions, that someone at another fishery has been spreading gossip about Pitfour Fishery being closed. One customer had been fishing elsewhere and only found out that we were still open by chance, as they had passed and seen the gate open.

One thing said, was that we were closed for the shooting season and we have given up our lease. The other customer was told that we had gone bankrupt and closed and that someone new was taking over the lease in the spring.

None of what has been said is true. We will continue to be open throughout the winter and we have secured the lease for at least another year (april 09).

I won't name where this came from, as it would not be fair on that fishery, even if it was a member of staff saying this, there is a chance that they were told it by someone else.

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Sorry to hear about that, these type of rumours happen on a fairly regular basis and can be a tad annoying ............... I've lost count of how many times I have apparently given up and closed over the years :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 05/12/2007 at 08:25 »
Andrew,
I can think of a few folk that would have been raging at those rumours, good on you for giving them the benefit of the doubt!

Ross

« Reply #3 on: 05/12/2007 at 20:34 »
If you ever see Alan Ritchie give him a slap from me and say "Ross Higgins" sent you that! He'll know what you mean and why he deserves it ;)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com