Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Fishing Venue For 20+
« on: 02/06/2008 at 13:56 »
Hi Folks, I was down fishing at Chew Valley in Bristol on Friday for the annual works fishing comprtition :z18
They are hoping to now hold the return next year in Scotland. Can anyone suggest a suitable venue that would suit 20+ and not be too small. I thought Insch but open to suggestions.
They broke the Fishery Record at Chew last Thursday with a 12lb 10oz Brownie. :z16
Take Care Seamus

Graeme Gauld

Re: Fishing Venue For 20+
« Reply #1 on: 02/06/2008 at 15:06 »
How did the outing go plenty fish ??

Graeme Gauld

« Reply #2 on: 02/06/2008 at 15:08 »
sorry forgot odd   butterstone   carron valley or noth third all good and can hold 20 or more

« Reply #3 on: 02/06/2008 at 15:19 »
Weather was far too bright and little wind. There was fish showing everywhere but none of us could work out what they where taking and we only ended up with a total of 13 fish for 20 men so a very poor return. The largest for the comp was 3lb 8oz but it was well worth the trip even better when it was paid for. And to see the 12lb 10oz fish the day prior when our lads came in was great i will have to read there web page to see what they say. It cost £31 per person for a days fishing in a boat with outboard.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com