Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Laraway

Coloured tails
« on: 28/02/2023 at 10:11 »
So last night I finally got back on the vice after what is probably a year off. I thought I had better re-stock before the season starts.

I thought I would start off with some flies with coloured tails.

The one with the peachy/orange tails had a blue team hackle up front - as i bought about 8 packs of coloured teal years ago and have never used it. I think it has potential ?

Terry Coging

Re: Coloured tails
« Reply #1 on: 01/03/2023 at 08:23 »
That pink tailed 'Kate Ordie' certainly worked well for me - even on the reservoirs as a middle dropper.
I've still got a couple and will be showing then to the lead tyer's at our next tying club meeting.

James Laraway

« Reply #2 on: 01/03/2023 at 22:46 »
Always happy to do you some more Terry. I've been doing a few variants too.....

That pink tailed 'Kate Ordie' certainly worked well for me - even on the reservoirs as a middle dropper.
I've still got a couple and will be showing then to the lead tyer's at our next tying club meeting.

James Laraway

Re: Coloured tails New
« Reply #3 on: 01/03/2023 at 22:47 »
Never tried one, but I'll maybe have to change that....
The Camasunary Killer is the ultimate coloured-tail fly for me

« Reply #4 on: 02/03/2023 at 19:11 »
Nice! The dyed teal looks like it will give plenty movement, I like that colour combination.

James Laraway

« Reply #5 on: 02/03/2023 at 22:20 »
If you'd like any let me know. I've got purple, yellow, chartreuse,red, blue and brown (I think !)

Nice! The dyed teal looks like it will give plenty movement, I like that colour combination.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com