Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ewan Lindsay

Finland Ospreys
« on: 11/08/2012 at 19:21 »
Some photographic inspiration for you Mike! Some of these Finnish Ospreys are just showing off!  :z14

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2186901/Striking-moment-osprey-swoops-water-plucks-fish-water-time.html

Ewan

Euan Innes

Re: Finland Ospreys
« Reply #1 on: 11/08/2012 at 21:06 »
Back when I used to kill things, that was a "left and a right". :wink

Now that I don't, that is still a freeking awesome set of photos. I might not catch and kill but I do love Ospreys that do.
I may have mentioned that a friend of mine has added a bunch of Brown trout to a loch at Boat of Garten and has regular visits from the local Ospreys.

How about this? He only put them in to watch them rise, feed on the prolific hatch and let them be prey to Ospreys and Herons. His own expense just to see nature work! :z16

He is a GOOD friend of mine  :z18
Sitting outside his house watching Brownies taking insects and Ospreys taking trout is amazing. Sitting with a guitar on the railway sleeper seat, with a large dram and watching that is something that I would stop working for if the lottery came round... :z13

Ospreys? I love 'em!

:z1

:z1

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 11/08/2012 at 21:21 »
Yep Ewan, I stopped shooting about 30 years ago, when I realised catch and release was not an option  :wink

:z18

Jim

Noel Kelly

« Reply #3 on: 11/08/2012 at 21:38 »
Great pic. It's a while since I've had a right and left on anything but that's not surprising since I shoot about once a year nowadays. I do miss it though  :z7

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 11/08/2012 at 22:28 »
Awesome photos Ewan :z16

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com