Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

fishfingers

Re: Best Pub Grub?
« Reply #15 on: 02/12/2007 at 23:42 »
has anyone tried roys bus A96 just outside inverurie, good for all day breakfast before fishing,and a fare lunch and meal for after fishing,well priced menu and recomended,try it,its good.

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #16 on: 03/12/2007 at 08:20 »
Didn't think you ate food like that Col' :wink

Sandy

Rod Mackay

« Reply #17 on: 03/12/2007 at 11:43 »
After a days fishing in Haddo I would suggest The Redgarth in Oldmeldrum - superb mixed grill! :z16

tarric

« Reply #18 on: 05/12/2007 at 09:22 »
Hi folks
  after a days fishing in the area I would recomend the ythan veiw in methlick
good food, reasonably priced and a nice fire on cold days

Che

« Reply #19 on: 05/12/2007 at 18:43 »
Well if your heading back this way, you'd struggle to find better than Briggies, or http://www.ythanhotel.com/ to give it it's official name. Really good food, and reasonably priced too.

Dave B

« Reply #20 on: 06/12/2007 at 13:43 »
I can definately recommend the Ythan View in Methlick (I live in the village) great food and people. Food is served 12-2pm then 5pm-830pm ish weekdays, same at weekends but with specials on the menu from Friday night. I have stuffed myself many times and can recommend the Sticky Toffee Pudding!

Dave B

Dave Mundie

« Reply #21 on: 09/01/2008 at 20:24 »
Well if your heading back this way, you'd struggle to find better than Briggies, or http://www.ythanhotel.com/ to give it it's official name. Really good food, and reasonably priced too.

Well the berries have sold it and i've heard the new folk not so good.

After a days fishing in Haddo I would suggest The Redgarth in Oldmeldrum - superb mixed grill! :z16

Yep the Redgarth is ace mega big portions you have to roll me out after  :z4

Che

« Reply #22 on: 17/01/2008 at 08:42 »
Well the berries have sold it and i've heard the new folk not so good.

Can't agree, the new owners wife used to Manage the place, have tried it and as good as always :)

charrcatcher

« Reply #23 on: 28/01/2008 at 23:42 »
Not exactly in you guys' area, but the Craigton Coach Inn at Monikie (Angus) tries to get your belt to bust with the portions you get there, and the quality of nosh is unsurpassed as well :z16.

May mean there's a lot of "large" people around Monikie??? :lol

Like haddie and chips actually means two big  :z15 :z15 and a mountain of chips served on a plate like a dustbin lid.

Some of the very finest pub grub ever served to ravenous fishers. The owner's on site, behind the bar - so the place is run right.

Unfortunately, no connection with me, worse luck.  :cry

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com