Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

grant

i am looking for a 10/11 reel not too worried about the line and 14ft-15ft rod too and any helpfull advice am looking to book lessons with willi gunnel as ive heard his real good but am stmped where to fish as for books any one got any ideas on that too.

Jim Eddie

Re: wnated salmon rod reel and line and any advice
« Reply #1 on: 26/02/2008 at 20:03 »
Grant

Why don't you ask for advice in the tackle shop in Inverurie or Diver Daves shop doon the harbour in Aberdeen. There are plenty reasonably priced Salmon outfits on the go.

This rod is supposed to be a decent salmon rod for the price http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15-FT-SALMON-FLY-FISHING-ROD-10-11-COMPACT-4-PIECE_W0QQitemZ360025977775QQihZ023QQcategoryZ23819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Graham Ritchie from the Broch who comes on here knows Malcolm (Willie Gunn) he should be able to put you in touch if you pm him. 

:z18

Jim

Hamish Young

Re: wnated salmon rod reel and line and any advice
« Reply #2 on: 27/02/2008 at 18:13 »
i am looking for a 10/11 reel not too worried about the line and 14ft-15ft rod too

I have a 3 piece Vision 14ft #9/10wt up for grabs.... can't help with reel and line though.

and any helpfull advice

Where do you anticipate doing most of your fishing  :? Are you a member of any club or association :? This will have a bearing on any advice given.

.......as for books any one got any ideas on that too

Books - Salmon Fishing by Hugh Falkus is a good place to start. Doesn't necessarily cover the latest thinking but rivercraft and tactics are all in there, an excellent read  :z16

am looking to book lessons with willi gunnel as ive heard his real good

Depending where you are you might also like to consider a visit to Willie Banks at Tilbouries, an excellent teacher. Try an email to him at williebanks@tilbouries.co.uk or visit http://www.greysfishing.com/index.php?if=instructors&iid=4

Have fun ;)

Hamish

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com