Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Cameron

Salmon Fishing/ADAA on BBC ALBA
« on: 12/03/2012 at 13:26 »
tomorrow, Tue 13 Mar, there's a show about scottish salmon fishing on BBC Alba

either this week or next (i think next) the show features Aberdeen DAA waters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01d7768/episodes/upcoming
Turas a' Bhradain

20:30 on BBC ALBA
Episode 1
1/6. Neen MacKay discovers Scotland's most accessible salmon fishing.

Fisher

Re: Salmon Fishing/ADAA on BBC ALBA
« Reply #1 on: 13/03/2012 at 18:54 »
you are quite correct Iain. The theme of the series of programmes is affordable fishing for salmon anglers and that is the reason the producer approached ADAA. Unfortunately the scheduled filming was totally ruined by a river in full spate. However we managed to cobble something together a few days later when the river settled down although everything was not as originally planned. The programme featuring ADAA is next Tuesday at 8.30pm on BBC Alba. None of us are Gaelic speakers so will be interesting to see how everything pans out as none of us have had a preview of the footage. If the Tuesday is missed there is a repeat on Thursday at 11.30pm and Saturday at 8pm.

Bob

Andy Wren

« Reply #2 on: 16/03/2012 at 12:50 »
For those of us south of the border its available for a week after its broadcast on Iplayer from the Beeb .
Loved the first series and this one looks to be as good after watching episode one .

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 23/03/2012 at 08:21 »
I saw the repeat last night. A very good programme indeed and very informative.

I thought TV was meant to add 10 pounds..Bob looked younger and slimmer :)

Very interested to find out that the SNP really could not give a damn about the rod and line salmon fisheries on the East coast and the Salmon stock.  :mad

I was amazed fishing on the Esk was available for Salmon at less than a fiver a day.

All in all a well filmed programme and the ADAA came across very well. Well done chaps.

Andy Wren

« Reply #4 on: 23/03/2012 at 10:31 »
I was amazed fishing on the Esk was available for Salmon at less than a fiver a day.

SSSSh ,hope not many saw that  :z6

Think its a great show ,really enjoyed it so far and cant wait for the next few shows to become available .

Loxiafan

« Reply #5 on: 23/03/2012 at 12:06 »

Very interested to find out that the SNP really could not give a damn about the rod and line salmon fisheries on the East coast and the Salmon stock.  :mad

Oh Yes ! And....they also don't appear to give a damn about declining West Coast Sea Trout stocks either by refusing to sanction sensibly on the Salmon Farming Industry. Loch Maree used to be world famous as a ST fishery but I guess it is more important to export 'cattled' Salmon to the Yanks and Chinese ?

Something to think about....

Lindsay

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com