Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Paul Garrigan

Daft picture.....
« on: 06/03/2012 at 21:03 »
I was up at the GAC open day on saturday. Annoyed Paul Proctor for longer than was probably comfortable for either of us (positive my river fishing will be better for it :z16), met Matt Hayes  :z7 and met the top bloke that is Paul Young.

Jim Fearne's shooting head demo was interesting and Hywel Morgan was very entertaining with his 'catch cast' demo. :z4

Top day. :z16

Iain Goolager

Re: Daft picture.....
« Reply #1 on: 06/03/2012 at 21:05 »
A list Stalker!!

Hi Paul, any Salmo action at the mo?

Iain

Noel Kelly

« Reply #2 on: 06/03/2012 at 21:15 »
Good pic Paul :z16

As for his salmo action.....I have a video.....you wanna post it yourself Paul?

Oh I finally remembered that DVD earlier. It's at least out of its drawer now which is a big step forward. Post it tomorrow or the next day....

Paul Garrigan

« Reply #3 on: 06/03/2012 at 21:22 »
Not even embarassed about it Iain! haha  :z4

I was on the Tay for opening day. I hooked and lost a fish. Def wasnt a springer though. I saw it and it had colour to it. Rawner was the ghillies verdict.

There is a video of the lost fish and some nice pics from the day on my blog. See here....http://paulfishingscotland.blogspot.com/

I have been reliably informed that short line+big water+me not getting a better angle on the fish=accident waiting to happen.  :oops

Im on the Tummel in early May so fingers crossed but nothing planned before then. I joined a wee association water down here in deepest darkest Ayrshire but its backend stuff.

Still to get off the mark this year. :cool:

Paul Garrigan

« Reply #4 on: 06/03/2012 at 21:25 »
Good pic Paul :z16

As for his salmo action.....I have a video.....you wanna post it yourself Paul?

Oh I finally remembered that DVD earlier. It's at least out of its drawer now which is a big step forward. Post it tomorrow or the next day....

haha yeah cheers Noel. The video is on my blog so i've gone and shared it now!  :oops No rush for the DVD. I couldnt get the video to work on here due too my stupidity! :X1

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 06/03/2012 at 21:34 »
I do believe Mr Hayes is in Banchory this week. Unfortunately! lol

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 06/03/2012 at 21:41 »
 :z4 :z4
yer dad's a true vulgarian  :z4 :z4

Some great photo's there, I've gone and put on a cardigan just looking at them.

Iain

I think I'll go and give the video another viewing  :z7

Iain Goolager

« Reply #7 on: 06/03/2012 at 21:44 »

I do believe Mr Hayes is in Banchory this week. Unfortunately! lol

Why's that Rob? Don't tell me he's up to buy a Carp rod off of you  :z7

Iain

Paul Garrigan

« Reply #8 on: 06/03/2012 at 21:47 »
:z4 :z4
yer dad's a true vulgarian  :z4 :z4

Some great photo's there, I've gone and put on a cardigan just looking at them.

Iain

I think I'll go and give the video another viewing  :z7

Yeah he doesn't mince his words!  :z7 It was pretty cold and the water was probably too high but it was good to get the season open.

All the old bods have about two casts in the morning then hit the single malts to mark the day. Leaving a lovely Tay beat to very few rods.  :wink :z18

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #9 on: 07/03/2012 at 08:30 »

Why's that Rob? Don't tell me he's up to buy a Carp rod off of you  :z7

Iain

Fishing the Dee I believe. If he is about I will bump into him tonight. I do hope I am not driving at the time!..lol

He has pretty much given up coarse angling and is concentrating on his deal with Guide and his lodge in Norway.

Richard Tong

« Reply #10 on: 07/03/2012 at 17:31 »
Paul

I spy a 'Sonic Seam' jacket in that photo! Is that a new purchase or have you managed to road test it yet? Reason I ask is that I have been torn between the Sonic Seam and the Patagonia (Patagucci!) 'Torrentshell' as advertised in Sportfish. Anyway went to a local walking/climbing shop who had the latter (but only in garish greens, yellows and reds beloved by walkers) and tried it on and thought it was a lot of coin (although I love Patagonia clobber and don't mind paying a bit more 'for the name') for what it was. I have therefore purchased a Sonic Seam after taking advice(!) from the local Orvis shop in Harrogate and the bloke is bringing it into Ilkley for me on Tuesday as the local West Yorkshire branch of S & TA have a talk on then by Malcolm Greehalgh.

Get pee'd off in Summer when I end up with a hump like Quasimodo when I stuff my wading jacket into the back of my vest and want something lightweight which packs away with little volume and is waterproof. So do you like it...

Richard

Paul Garrigan

« Reply #11 on: 07/03/2012 at 19:13 »
Hi Richard

Yeah I have had the sonic seam for a few months now. I really like it...but.... :roll I havent really had it on in any really bad weather. I have worn it on cold clear crisp days with layers underneath and it has been fine. I kept my Greys jacket for spring/winter fishing as its a bit more substantial. The orvis is very light weight.  :cool:

I bought it for the same reason as you. summer days/evenings when you dont really need a jacket but carry one anyway just in case. I think it will be brillant for this.  :z16 I am very happy with it but wouldn't like to be stuck in a big wind in Feb on the Dee with it. I also met a guy on the Stinchar at the back end last year who had ordered one and sent it straight back. He thought it was s**t but I think he wanted it to replace his everyday wading kit. :roll

With my reviewers hat on I would give it 9/10 for what it is meant for. Zips are sturdy and waterproof plus it looks cool as f**k!! haha :z16

Hope this helps.
Tight lines
Paul

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com