Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

paul w

left hand / right hand windings
« on: 07/06/2010 at 20:11 »
hi guys
not been fly fishing for long but im enjoying myself!!!,
anyway long story short im a left hander and just found out that my  way of taking the line up off the "back" of the reel thru the eye rings is wrong.......

so....

unwound an re-wound line on other direction but........
yup you guessed it im now only getting drag when i wind the reel in!!!!   so went to change my reel winding and discovered some of the roller bearings in the one way clutch aint there!!!!!

does anyone know where i can get bits for a Fladen maxximus lever drag reel???

and any advice on how to change the windings of an older Grey GRX   wouldnt go amiss either?  hehehehee

cheers

paul

Hamish Young

Re: left hand / right hand windings
« Reply #1 on: 15/06/2010 at 08:32 »
Firstly, welcome Paul.

I haven't had either of the reels you mention apart but seem to recall that Aberdeen Watersports / Fieldsports were dealers for Fladen reels when the former Chairman of the River Don Trust was a business partner there - not sure what the story is with their fishing tackle now he has departed but if you're local it could be worth swinging by and seeing what's what, failing that try emailing them http://www.fladenfishing.se/Servlet

An email to Greys may also yield the answer you need regarding the GRX.

Cheers,

H

Barry Robertson

Re: left hand / right hand windings
« Reply #2 on: 15/06/2010 at 11:17 »
3 minutes into this clip explains how to change from left hand wind to right hand wind for the GRX!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com