Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Ythan Brownies
« on: 21/08/2012 at 21:43 »
Cracking day on the Ythan with Catman and Goolager :z16

Small rivers and streams can be great fun to fish. Hare's Ear F-Flies and a Sedge pattern worked well for me today, lots of wee fellas and a cracker of about ten inches :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Alex Burnett

Re: Ythan Brownies
« Reply #1 on: 21/08/2012 at 22:14 »
Thoroughly enjoyable day on the Ythan with Mr. B & Goolager, lots of cracking Brownies :z16

Unfortunately mine is not as big as Mr B's :oops

Alex

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 21/08/2012 at 23:05 »
It's always nice to try a new beat especially if it's on a seldom visited river. Today was one of those days and I had a thoroughly enjoyable time.

Even if the majority were small, the trout were plentiful and keen to rise for vast spells of the day, keeping the dry fly fisherman busy looking for that larger fish. Mike found one but the largest that I encountered was about 7", still nice enough though (for now).

The red spot on the adipose in the main pic is not enhanced and was so striking that I had to photo it (the inset has been brightened in post ed)

cracking

Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 21/08/2012 at 23:18 »
Great photos Iain :z16

Cheers
Mike

Ben Dixon

« Reply #4 on: 21/08/2012 at 23:24 »
Looks like a nice spot and good to see Barrio with a fishing waistcoat on  :cool:

Ben

Iain Goolager

« Reply #5 on: 21/08/2012 at 23:48 »
He also had a nice Orvis showerproof jacket (which was required) - I hear that if you are a valued customer you get one very cheap?  :roll

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com