Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ivor Duffus

Started watching it last night on ITV hub.

Robson is a buffoon. but its still well worth watching. Even the brown trout are gleaming.

James Laraway

Re: Robson and Jim's Icelandic Fly Fishing Adventure
« Reply #1 on: 21/12/2021 at 09:46 »
I agree - its a very good watch.

imagine getting paid for doing a programme like that - amazing work if you can get it

« Reply #2 on: 23/12/2021 at 11:32 »
I also enjoyed this one. Thought that Robson was more bearable than in some of the other stuff he has done.

Some place to fish.

Steven Kidd

« Reply #3 on: 26/12/2021 at 23:09 »
Watching this tonight, all three episodes binge watched......now in the past I've ranted about Robson.....but this is a great series, :-)

And the eagle eyed might spot or I may be mistaken, but they are using a very familiar orange and cream fly line in many of their adventures?

Steven

Ivor Duffus

« Reply #4 on: 27/12/2021 at 10:01 »
To be fair to Robson.

I think if had a fishing  trip to Iceland i would probably be hyper as well  *smiley-yippee* *smiley-yippee*

The driving was interesting . I guess a 4x4 is essential and part of a fishing package. But i thought a fishing guide to do the driving  :z8 :z8

Hamish Young

« Reply #5 on: 12/01/2022 at 21:23 »
Must get around to watching these, maybe this weekend  >)

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 21/02/2022 at 22:18 »
..... a little while later.... I 'binge' watched the three episodes this evening. Enjoyable, but Robson does get rather 'lost in the part' doesn't he :? :!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com