Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

March Brown Travel Rods
« on: 22/01/2008 at 18:06 »
Its nice to able to report good service for a change. I have had a 9ft 5# March Brown Travel rod for a couple of years now.
I got it reasonably priced from a guy in Portugal on E-bay , Its a great rod for having in the boot of the car just in case .
When I was up in Easter Ross in October I broke the tip off , all my fault rod totally not to blame.
I sent an e-mail to the company in Rhode Island asking for the cost of a new tip section , as per their guarantee, no quiblle they asked me for my address and they would post one off F.O.C.
That one went missing in action , so I e-mailed to say it never arrived, again no problem asked for my address again and lo and behold a complete new rod arrived this morning :)   

I have absolutely no connection with March Brown apart from liking their rods :)

http://marchbrown.co.uk/hiddenwater.asp

Cheers

Jim

Hamish Young

Re: March Brown Travel Rods
« Reply #1 on: 22/01/2008 at 18:13 »
I recall casting that very rod with a ridge line - liked it a lot  :cool:  Good to hear a positive tale of customer service there Jim :z16

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: 23/01/2008 at 05:52 »
Excellent stuff Jim

One in the eye to the big guys

Sandy

Iain Cameron

« Reply #3 on: 23/01/2008 at 09:24 »
co-incidentally, i've just put my March Brown Hidden Water up for sale in the For Sale forum for £100

There's a guy called Chris that I dealt with via marchbrown.co.uk, very quick and prompt communication, all good. great kit too.

cheers
iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com