Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Mundie

Haddo Fishery?
« on: 07/01/2008 at 18:30 »
Hi just checking to see is it boat and tube only or is there any bank fishing?

Dave

Jim Eddie

Re: Haddo Fishery?
« Reply #1 on: 07/01/2008 at 19:56 »
Dave

No bank fishing, boat or tube only is correct , give it a go I'm sure you will enjoy it.

:z18

Jim

Dave Mundie

« Reply #2 on: 07/01/2008 at 21:05 »
never tried either of them, only a beginner so will have to pop in past and suss it out first.

Dave

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 07/01/2008 at 21:09 »
Hi Dave

Yes, boats and float tubes only I'm afraid ............. but my wooden boats are more like mobile casting platforms, sturdy and steady!

You can anchor a boat where you might struggle to cast to, they make covering all areas so much easier and even "first time fly fishers" can cast far enough to catch a fish :wink

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

DruBuc

« Reply #4 on: 09/01/2008 at 21:53 »

Got to agree with Mike there, only started fly fishing a few months ago. Started at Mikes place in a boat, and really loved it.
Have tried fishing from the bank at another local fishery, but it is just not the same as the fish rising all around you when you are in a boat rather than just in front of you or just out of your casting distance from the bank.

p.s Mike just home from offshore and wondering when you might be felling well enough to open

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com