Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Folks, as a matter of interest I was wondering if any forum members intend going along to the "listening event" being held this Saturday (the 8th) at the Thistle Aberdeen Airport Hotel (times are 10am-12:20pm and 1:15pm - 4pm) regarding the Scottish Governments consulation document and the 27 'priorities for action' for the planned strategic framework for scottish freshwater fisheries :?

Responses to the plan are due by the 4th of January, so this will be your only chance to get your questions answered/concerns aired/or get your points across in person to the panel attending before you (possibly) submit a written response. A useful event by all accounts  :wink

As some of you may already know I have recently taken on a new role and will actively be involved with many things regarding the Aberdeenshire Don :z3 so I intend to be at the Aberdeen meeting (in the afternoon, it's a Saturday after all :!) but if any other folk from the forum are planning on going along it would be nice to meet up for a coffee and a 'news'.

The last public consultation 'listening' meeting is, I think, being held in Dingwall on Sunday the 9th at the National Hotel (same times).

To find out what it is I'm prattling on about the document can be accessed at http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2007/09/13103142/0

Hope to see you there  :z16

Hamish Young

Odd  :z6 I checked it carefully earlier and it worked fine - internet spies :! - have changed it again  :z16

Coming along Rob :?

Rob Brownfield

What, and have me lynched for daring to mention coarse fish??..lol

Unfortuantly I will be at Glen Tanar with my youngest daughter horse riding. The Scottish Federation of Coarse Anglers, the Pike Angles Alliance for Scotland, the Pike Anglers Club of Great Britain and the Scottish Carp Group have all has input into the Directive, and although not perfect, I think all that could be done has been done :)

Hamish Young

What, and have me lynched for daring to mention coarse fish??..lol

Now Rob, a smidgen dramatic but I see what you mean....... besides, a good lynching is far too good for some coarse folk  :z4 :z4
It is the key thing under the European directive and for the scottish framework that all freshwater species and habitat are covered and it's this that will see dramatic changes (I believe) in how our freshwater resources are managed in the future.

Unfortunately I will be at Glen Tanar with my youngest daughter horse riding.
There are worse places to be  :wink

The Scottish Federation of Coarse Anglers, the Pike Anglers Alliance for Scotland, the Pike Anglers Club of Great Britain and the Scottish Carp Group have all had input into the Directive, and although not perfect, I think all that could be done has been done :)
Indeed, consultation with all parties has been exhaustive by all accounts. Personally I do see a real advantage of going along and quizzing the folk there about some of the 'priorities for action' in person. After all, something may have been missed  :shock and there will not be a better opportunity to contribute to what promises to be the single most important piece of fisheries legislation in the UK - ever  :cool:

Hi Hamish,
Do you know if is it morning or afternoon or both?
Might be able to make it if i can get someone to look after the fishery for me.

Andrew

Hamish Young

As far as I know it's both Andrew  :z16

Dont think i will be able to make it couldnt get anyone to cover for me,

Hamish Young

Ran out of time to go - had to wait for something in the post which has just arrived  :z10 - oh well, best laid plans and all that  :z6

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com