Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

drifter84

Came back
« on: 15/02/2017 at 04:54 »
From Canada, Joined in 2015 but then went working on projects across Canada and had no time to do anything. Did try retirement ( lasted just over 3 months) now back into the Consulting in Canada and the US.

My rod building /fishing partner/neighbor did retire and now has taken over where I left off, he has over 40 years building rods and has designed  his own blanks and had them made, he worked with me on the reel seats I made, he is low key but he wants to join the forum, I told him about it. He is from the UK, left when he was a young man and he is older than dirt, not sure what part of the UK he talks about the river Tweed and the guide he had there.

His name is Ian Duffield and when he figures out how to turn his laptop on he will register.

Ian has all his original tackle from over there from when he was a kid, cane rods, fly reels in the original boxes and all sorts of antiques, he will not part with it though I have tried.

Nice easy going forum.

Regards and greetings from Canada

Dan

Mike Barrio

Re: Came back
« Reply #1 on: 15/02/2017 at 09:58 »
Great stuff Dan ..... welcome back :z16

Best wishes
Mike

drifter84

Re: Came back
« Reply #2 on: 15/02/2017 at 12:58 »
Thanks and hoping to read the forum more often when traveling around for work, only do this for another year or so then call it quits again.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com