Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Laraway

can anyone reccomend ?

I dont want to go to the bother of buying some so if anyone woudl be kind enough to send me some i'll swap you for some dyed teal feathers

i have some blue, yellow, chartreus red or purple !

Iain Cameron

hi james

I can send you a metre or two of red wool - someone gifted a large ball to me, and it's grand for solider palmers (one of my essential, always tied-on wet flees for wild trouts) and for the tags of flees. You can also untwist it and use it as a fuzzy body material.

PM me your address and i'll post some along; don't think i'd use dyed teal, but tie me an SP and send that instead!

cheers
iain

Derek Roxborough

find a car boot sale usually find some wool there, even seen chadwicks 477 at odd ones always worth a visit or try a jumble sale, easgach 1

James Laraway

hi james

I can send you a metre or two of red wool - someone gifted a large ball to me, and it's grand for solider palmers (one of my essential, always tied-on wet flees for wild trouts) and for the tags of flees. You can also untwist it and use it as a fuzzy body material.

PM me your address and i'll post some along; don't think i'd use dyed teal, but tie me an SP and send that instead!

cheers
iain

sounds like a deal to me :-). What colour would you like your shrimp to be ? Im guessing white but i can  do purple, yellow, blue...pink if you are feeling girly  :z7

you have a PM

Iain Cameron

i'll wing you some wool in the post, got the address. cheers

James Laraway

thanks to Iain for the red wool. Thought i would start off trying to tie a blue zulu, then as i have lots of colours of guinea fowl thought i would try a red zulu ! I think i prefer it in red...

John Powell

Iain Cameron

nice Flees James - very buzzzzy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com