Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Thornton

Re: Sale at Hilltrek Clothing
« Reply #15 on: 05/01/2017 at 17:25 »
Likewise, I can remember when a bus left Peterhead for the ski slopes, early on Sunday mornings during the winter months.   Many of the passengers were young fishermen clad in their yellow, scale peppered, oilskins. 

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #16 on: 06/01/2017 at 08:48 »
well this one still had a ski lift pass clipped on it , so some one hadn't read the blurb, you can ski in any thing I remember seeing guys in Aviemore in the early 60's skiing in tweeds and plus 4's, aye those were the days  :cool: easgach 1

Agreed, you can indeed ski in anything, however, if I were to wear my PVC cat suit and whiskers up the Lecht, I think it were fair to say that it is not a ski suit  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #17 on: 06/01/2017 at 14:54 »
I did say it had been used as ski clothing, the ski pass adding to the confusion, you may wear what you like to go on the piste, it may stop the dribbles, :X2 easgach 1

Euan Innes

« Reply #18 on: 06/01/2017 at 16:32 »
...you may wear what you like to go on the piste, it may stop the dribbles...

I tend to not take a jacket when I'm on the piste as I might leave it in the pub after a few  halfs. I have been known to dribble though so  maybe I should... :z18

I do find that Paramo jackets can multitask quite nicely, from fishing to shopping and everything in between.

Euan

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #19 on: 06/01/2017 at 22:12 »
 Mmmm! it's the inbetween that gets me , every time  :X2 easgach 1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com