Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Off to eBay - Abel 3N and two spare spools
« on: 17/10/2016 at 10:27 »
Up for sale is my Abel 'Big Game' 3N reel and two spare spools, reel and spool bags included but the fly lines and backing are not. The Big Game were the original Abel reel which became the Super Series standard arbour reels. The observant will have noticed that there's a large arbour spool on the reel, thanks to the Abel 'FlexABELity' system you can fit a large arbour spool from the Super Series, which I did - the reel is currently set for left hand wind.
All Abel reels are made in the USA and the specifications are deeply, deeply impressive - very solid reliable reels, an internet search will reveal all. I am keeping my other Abels but have decided a change is needed in this size so I'm getting something else. Condition :? Well other than some 'boat rash' on the reel this lot are in excellent used condition, one spool has the optional wooden handle which I prefer - sets the reel off beautifully. They've been very well looked after.

Like all things this comes down to price and I know what they cost and what I'm prepared to accept for this lot. At the moment I'm not putting a price up, if you know what these are then you know what they're worth so please PM me if you're interested.

H

Hamish Young

Re: Abel 3N and two spare spools - for sale
« Reply #1 on: 18/10/2016 at 18:18 »
I've been asked a couple of times via PM to give an indication of what I'm looking for price wise..... to be honest I'd rather not :! Do your research and make me a fair offer :!
Something similar with one spool less is £550 on eBay right now. I'm not looking for that much.....  :wink

:z16

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 20/10/2016 at 21:26 »
OK, so lines and backing are off the reel and spools. Before I advertise them elsewhere - including a well known internet auction site - the price I'd like for the lot is £...

:cool:

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 29/10/2016 at 19:26 »
Off to eBay soon if no serious offers from forum members  :z16

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 11/12/2016 at 10:14 »
Bump....... sensible offers invited.....

Tom Benson

« Reply #5 on: 30/12/2016 at 15:04 »

Hi Hamish....... I am interested .......please give me time to sell my Sage 4200 & Danielson ....
                                       Are they Saltwater suitable ?  Pre my Conservation 5 years etc.......
                                       Was an Abel reel user......................
                                         PS....... may only Conservation activities , are , for ...... Rivers & Streams & Brooks & etc.

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 10/01/2017 at 18:15 »
Tom I think I get the gist of that and I need to clear the decks quite soon so- watch out as these and many, many under used fishing gear will be on eBay shortly, probably by this weekend.
Hamish  :z16

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 22/01/2017 at 15:06 »
Bump - sensible offers invited. Right now I can't be arsed with eBay.....  :X2

Hamish Young

Re: Off to eBay - Abel 3N and two spare spools
« Reply #8 on: 25/02/2017 at 11:33 »
Off to eBay  :roll

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com