Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

End of the Moray Firth Trout Initiative
« on: 29/09/2016 at 18:27 »
Marcus Walters has been in touch and advised that unfortunately due to a funding shortfall the Moray Firth Trout Initiative (MFTI) has come to an end.
It's a great shame that the successor to the Moray Firth Sea Trout Project has been wound up within a decade of its inception, but anyone working in the field acknowledges that in the current economic climate its nigh on impossible to keep such projects running and sadly the MFTI is gone.

Over the years I and other forum regulars have willingly donated lots for auctions, our time for project work and generally lent any assistance we can to aid these programmes. My sincere hope is that many of the Trusts and Boards will work more extensively each other now, being forced to do so by an increasingly "interested" Scottish Government, to ensure that the aims of such initiatives and the good works done are not lost to history.

Sadly all good things must eventually come to an end, but I wonder with the demise of the MFTI we're going to start to see more of these projects winding up..... and indeed I'll bet that some of the Trusts may be next. 

H

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com