Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

Sold! - Sage MOD 590 New
« on: 20/08/2016 at 10:39 »
HI guys

I have a Sage MOD 590 for sale, i have built this rod to a higher Spec than factory with a Lemke LC5U uplock in Black and a custom Ray Lee Buckeye Burl insert, she has Black Snakes with a Black minima stripper guide which improve the line shoot. A home turned Flor grade Snub nosed style cork grip and comes with a Rod bag and Alloy tube.

This rod has been used a good few times this year and has proven to be a great friend and and fantastic dryfly rod with outstanding control and a wonderful feel. I have loved fishing with her but more projects beckon for the up coming winter season so something has to give.

These rods, factory built, retail at £750 I'm looking for £325 incl. UK delivery

If anyone wants to try before you buy then we can come to some sort of arrangement, or meet up and you are more than welcome to have a cast or 3.
Just PM me for more details

Thanks for looking  :z18

Sandy

Tom Benson

Re: Sage MOD 590
« Reply #1 on: 09/09/2016 at 10:46 »

Hi Sandy........I'm   :z8
                                                   Tom

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: 10/09/2016 at 17:01 »
Sorry Tom

You'll need to explain :z8

You've lost me :z5

Sandy

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 14/10/2016 at 08:30 »
Bump incase anyone fancies a nice new rod for Christmas. :z16

I've cleaned the superb cork so it all is back to 'as new'.
Not dropping the price as it is already a custom rod for less than the price of the blank :X1
And it comes with the original tags and a letter for the guarantee on the blank.

Cheers

Sandy

Mark Zhang

« Reply #4 on: 18/10/2016 at 09:50 »
Looks very good  :z16

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #5 on: 18/10/2016 at 14:00 »
Thanks Mark :z18

The 3 rods all looked much better than the factory builds, when I did them back in March. This is the last of the 3 and I did use it a good few times and had some fab fish on it, but I've cleaned her up, to  like new condition. The black rings on the green blank just works IMHO.
Its also one the very best dryfly rods I've cast, I just have too many rods for one purpose  :X1 too curious I guess.
it is super smooth and a real pleasure to fish with.

Sandy

Grant Montgomery

« Reply #6 on: 01/11/2016 at 21:26 »
Hi,

I have the 3 weight with the same hardware and I can confirm that it is an utterly superb fly rod and just wonderfully built!

If you are looking for a 5 weight fly rod-don't let this one slip. :z18

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #7 on: 19/01/2017 at 07:27 »
Bump!

Still have this one for sale, anyone fancy a bargain top notch rod for the upcoming season, give me a shout.
Super smooth with the balls for decent fish.
Willing to drop to £310 delivered.

Thanks for looking :z18

Sandy

Liam Stephen

« Reply #8 on: 19/01/2017 at 12:33 »
I'm amazed this hasn't been snapped up Sandy!  :shock

Casts like a dream, looks better than they do out of the factory and is a bloody bargain!  :z16

Will Shaw

« Reply #9 on: 19/01/2017 at 16:31 »
Agreed, it's a belter. If I didn't already have a #5 (built by Sandy) I'd have this one like a shot. If you need a #5 for this year - get this!  :z16

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #10 on: 17/02/2017 at 11:27 »
SOLD
Thanks for looking  :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com