Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Right chaps, you could just save a relationship! ;)

Cass and myself have managed to get a free weekend on the 12/13th of August and are looking to get away for some camping (her) and fishing (me).

Due to work commitments, we won't get away until about 5 on Friday so looking at 2-3 hours radius of Aberdeen.

Somewhere quiet, remote, and with some good wild fishing is my preference, although B&B/Youth Hostel would also be considered. Trout, Salmon, Sea Trout, Pike, Highland Carp..I don't mind.

Currently looking at Hamish's neck of the woods as its not too far and most folk can speak English ;)

Any ideas?

Many thanks
Rob

Derek Roxborough

Lots of cracking lochs and camping in Caithness and Old Poulteney, :cool: easgach 1

Rob Brownfield

Lots of cracking lochs and camping in Caithness and Old Poulteney, :cool: easgach 1

Would love to, but it means arriving at midnight on the Friday night or missing half the day on Saturday and the same on sunday to get home again :( That was out first thought.

Rob Brownfield

Go to Lochindorb, its full of Pike and lots of places in the area to camp. You might even catch a trout if your lucky unlike me  :oops

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't do Lochindorb for several reasons. Cheers anyway.

Hamish Young

Currently looking at Hamish's neck of the woods as its not too far and most folk can speak English ;)

Have you considered the Cannich area Rob :?

H :cool:

Rob Brownfield

Have you considered the Cannich area Rob :?

H :cool:

I have stayed in Cannich a few times on fishing trips, fishing Mullardoch, well, below the dam, and Loch Meikle before hitting Ness around Drumnadrochit.

Meets most criteria except the speaking English bit... ;)

I have a feeling we will end up in Spean Bridge as per normal, and then branch out from there.

Rannoch moor or Dalwhinnie area might be worth a try.

Derek Roxborough

Applecross, Gairloch,Kinlochewe, all reasonably English Speaking, not sure about the fishing  :X2
easgach 1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com