Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Steven Sinclair

Re: Fly Rod Design by Paul Arden
« Reply #15 on: 12/07/2016 at 23:44 »
All that time being George of the jungle certainly seems to have paid off.

I've fished for Pacu with him in Malaysia and he can certainly launch a line.

Steven.

Iain Stewart

« Reply #16 on: 13/07/2016 at 20:03 »
All that time being George of the jungle certainly seems to have paid off.

I've fished for Pacu with him in Malaysia and he can certainly launch a line.

Steven.
Here a I have seen you launch a line loon so that is saying something if you think Paul can launch it. I have to say braw soundtrack and enjoyed the video. None of your mamby pamby sales bollocks here. Get on!

Joakim Hammenstig

« Reply #17 on: 25/07/2020 at 15:57 »
I bought Hot Torpedo 6 after watching this and quite a bit of e-mailing with Paul. He invited me to come fish with him for Giant Snakehead and Giant Gourami in Malaysia and I have been there twice now.

A spectacular and unforgiving fishery. I am not the best caster and have only had one Gourami in the boat and lost a free rising Snakehead because of line break... I used the HT6 for dry fly for Gourami and borrowed his HT 10 or HT 8 for Snakehead.

Very nice rods but since I am quite new to the game I don't have much to compare with. I would say Paul is one of the best and nicest persons I have ever met. I've spent in total 5 weeks with him in the jungle and the two trips are the best in my life.

Cheers, Piffen

Mike Barrio

« Reply #18 on: 25/07/2020 at 20:17 »
Great stuff Joakim ..... and welcome to the forum  :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #19 on: 25/07/2020 at 20:40 »
All I need to add to this is that both Steven and I have a full set of hot torpedoes from the four weight to the ten and as Steven has said we have both fished in various places in Asia. Paul is a very accomplished caster but his rods are basically some of the best fishing tools I have had in over forty years of fly fishing and not only casting tools. If anyone is after a special rod for fishing then these need to be on your list of rods to try before you buy.

Eddie

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com