Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Allan Liddle

Some Loch Flees
« on: 25/05/2016 at 13:44 »
Wee tester to see if a post with a photie produces replies instead of merely posting a link (as with the Partridge Tutorials).

So just for you guys here's a wee selection of loch flees, all deadly and all worthy of a swim.

From the back:
Red Head Hog, Ordie Muddler
Middle:
Loch Ordie, Black n Pearly Snatcher, Corrie Killer, Olive Hog
Front:
Bibio Emerger

All on a selection of Partridge Hooks including Wet Fly Supreme, Dry Fly Supreme and Czech Nymph (Heavy).

Hope you guys like 'em.

Mike Barrio

Re: Some Loch Flees
« Reply #1 on: 25/05/2016 at 14:29 »
Snatcher looks fishy ..................

Allan Liddle

« Reply #2 on: 25/05/2016 at 15:35 »
Very Mike especially tied on the Czech hook.  Tie it in olive as well, brilliant shrimp pattern for lochs  :wink

Euan Innes

« Reply #3 on: 25/05/2016 at 20:42 »
Nice Allan.
The Corrie Killer, the Bibio Emerger and a Kate McLaren did the business on Loch Meig today.  :z16
Seriously guys, if you haven't fished these patterns of allans, you really should. :z13

:z1

Allan Liddle

« Reply #4 on: 30/05/2016 at 13:43 »
Thanks Euan

Was out at Kellas Trout Fishery yesterday helping instruct the River Spey Anglers Association juniors and stuck with the dries (Bibio Emerger, Claret or Black Half Hogs).  Deadly, plenty fish showing interest and a cracking wee day to be out.  Kids all had a brilliant time, caught loads (including a 5 1/2 pound brown that's obviously been in there for a long time).

2nd wee outing helping out / instructing kids in the week as was invited to help with Kyle of Sutherland project last Monday at Tarvie Fishery.  Again kids all loved it and had a fantastic day learning to fish fly, spin / bait and electro fish / kick sampling.  Again with the flies I had them all fishing dries and the fish responded kindly.

Great to see kids out and with some luck some might even stick with it?  :z8

Weather's warming nicely so time to begin to look at the high lochs as a break from rivers, dries will feature and if I do half as well as I did last year for trophy wild trout from remote locations i'll be a happy guy.  Best loch trout last season touched in at just under 5lb on a Claret Half Hog (mid afternoon August, sedge hatch).  :z16  That said great fun amongst the standard half pounders on light tackle fast furious and brilliant fun.  :z16 :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com