Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

A short video from Andy Toft
« on: 02/01/2016 at 12:48 »
A short video from Andy Toft about single handed Spey-casting, sound quality is average but it's worth a squint and maybe a discussion:

H :cool:

Marc Fauvet

Re: A short video from Andy Toft
« Reply #1 on: 02/01/2016 at 17:05 »
and maybe a discussion:

while staying polite ?...  :z4 :z4 :z4

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 02/01/2016 at 19:40 »
while staying polite ?...  :z4 :z4 :z4

Maybes aye... maybes no.... :z13

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 03/01/2016 at 10:04 »
Hi Hamish,

A nice basic introduction to a single handed Spey cast from Andy, enough perhaps ..... to get you interested in the cast and learning how to do it :cool:

I'd like to see a 'part two' with more visual/verbal step by steps ( anchor placement and D-Loops for example ) to help folk to give it a go?

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 03/01/2016 at 10:15 »
Maybe this wee section on the roll cast from Carl McNeil's 'Casts That Catch Fish' DVD might help?

Hamish Young

« Reply #5 on: 03/01/2016 at 14:52 »
Hi Hamish,

A nice basic introduction to a single handed Spey cast from Andy, enough perhaps ..... to get you interested in the cast and learning how to do it :cool:

Aye, I think you've picked up on my as yet unspoken thoughts about the video Mike  :wink

I'd like to see a 'part two' with more visual/verbal step by steps ( anchor placement and D-Loops for example ) to help folk to give it a go?

Cheers
Mike

Indeed and just so..... the video feels unfinished so I presume the detail you mention is next on Andys 'to do' list for the part 2 which the first video really needs.
The aerial shots with the drone are interesting and something I have an idea for.....  :wink

:cool:

Euan Innes

« Reply #6 on: 03/01/2016 at 16:30 »
Drones are the best thing to happen to filming. :cool:
The problem I had with the video was that I couldn't see the line. A yellow line on an overexposed background just doesn't work I'm afraid. A cameraman in waders standing in font of Andy with the grass behind him would have been a lot more effective.
Like this one from Rio

So with all that and no"part 2" it could be much better. For once I will not mention the sound, the edit, the music.....

:z1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com