Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Kintore Anglers
« on: 26/11/2015 at 16:38 »
I see in the local newspaper that:

A meeting will be held at Leys Hotel in Blackburn on Monday November 30th at 7pm in hope of getting people involved in the Kintore Angling Club and to help save the area's fishing.

Kev Graham

Re: Kintore Anglers
« Reply #1 on: 26/11/2015 at 16:54 »
Thats excellent news, its important for all in the local angling community to be given the opportunity to pull together with the best interests of the local water at heart.

Best of luck to all those involved with the Kintore fishings

« Reply #2 on: 26/11/2015 at 19:09 »
I can't manage that due to work. I would however like to get in touch with the folks who are organising it to let them know I will join.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 27/11/2015 at 08:38 »
Here is a map of the fishing's if anyone is not sure of where the Kintore fishing's are...buts up to the ADAA water on the left bank.

http://92.52.88.74/parks/kintore.pdf

Colin Sunley

« Reply #4 on: 27/11/2015 at 11:32 »

:z8 :z8 :z8
Am surprised this has not had more exposure on here considering the amount of local anglers that visit this site, are they not exactly the kind of people they are trying to attract. 
I cant imagine the organisers not knowing about this site. You type in River Don fishing in Google and this site pops up.

Seems strange to me,

Mike Thornton

« Reply #5 on: 27/11/2015 at 15:18 »
It would appear very unfortunate that a similar open meeting has not been proposed in respect of the Inverurie Burgh fishings.

Kev Graham

« Reply #6 on: 27/11/2015 at 18:46 »
It would appear very unfortunate that a similar open meeting has not been proposed in respect of the Inverurie Burgh fishings.

Im sure there are some on here that post, or even browse, that could perhaps enlighten us to why that wasnt the case., however being an open public forum i doubt that will be established.

Meeting ....yes there was, open .... certainly not.

I hope Inverurie and Kintore fishings remain with the local angling clubs

I

« Reply #7 on: 27/11/2015 at 19:33 »
Aye here's hoping both beats stay with the clubs. What is worrying though is the lack of junior anglers I fished a lot this season with a council roving ticket and never seen one school kid fishing on any beat.

That is not  good. Wasn't like that back when I was a kid mind you I didn't have a mobile,ipad. Playstation. All I had was a 5 speed push bike. Trout fly rod, spinning rod for salmon and a air rifle. Changed days i guess.

Kev Graham

« Reply #8 on: 27/11/2015 at 20:47 »
Aye here's hoping both beats stay with the clubs. What is worrying though is the lack of junior anglers I fished a lot this season with a council roving ticket and never seen one school kid fishing on any beat.

That is not  good. Wasn't like that back when I was a kid mind you I didn't have a mobile,ipad. Playstation. All I had was a 5 speed push bike. Trout fly rod, spinning rod for salmon and a air rifle. Changed days i guess.

Catty, toy gun and some caps....

There was one young lad ive seen fishing Inverurie a few times this season, lucky of he was academy age. Fished the fly as well which was good to see, im probably second younget at 41......

Mark Zhang

« Reply #9 on: 01/12/2015 at 08:14 »
I thought this is an Aberdeenshire council beat, anyone can get a ticket for it. Is this correct? Is it going to be a private club beat? Cheers.

Mark

Mike Barrio

« Reply #10 on: 01/12/2015 at 09:21 »
Did anybody go to the meeting last night?

Cheers
Mike

Colin Sunley

« Reply #11 on: 01/12/2015 at 21:47 »
As above post Mike, not sure where the private clubs fit in on council beats. There were a few cryptic comments made about the meetings am still not in the loop as to what it's all about. Perhaps someone can explain the situation as I think there are a few others a little bit confused.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 01/12/2015 at 22:58 »
Hi Colin and Mark,

To cut a long story short ...........

Aberdeenshire Council would like local angling clubs to manage their fishings in Kintore, Inverurie and Alford.

If a local club is not able or willing to take over the running of the fishings, the water may possibly be offered to a club from further afield.

Cheers
Mike

Colin Sunley

« Reply #13 on: 02/12/2015 at 19:15 »
Thanks Mike,
Must have missed that information if it was posted on here.
But would syndicate run clubs not be over priced , open to a minority not the majority.
Am assuming that the council fishing fees numbers are down year on year and it's costing them more in up keep than fees taken in. So I don't see this being a viable option for any non profit making club.
Perhaps it would be better to be obsorb ed into a bigger orginisation like ADAA.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #14 on: 03/12/2015 at 07:58 »
Thanks Mike,
Must have missed that information if it was posted on here.
But would syndicate run clubs not be over priced , open to a minority not the majority.
Am assuming that the council fishing fees numbers are down year on year and it's costing them more in up keep than fees taken in. So I don't see this being a viable option for any non profit making club.
Perhaps it would be better to be obsorb ed into a bigger orginisation like ADAA.

The Scottish Carp Group run Lanark Loch on behalf of Lanarkshire Council in what I presume would be a similar setup.

Basically, if you are an SCG member, you can fish the loch anytime, 24 hours a day. If you are not a member, you can get a day ticket that allows daylight fishing only, and this money goes to the council.

The benefits the council gets is that there is someone on the water pretty mush all the time, and there are two club bailiffs that look after it. The SCG get a water for a very low rent where they can hold events etc.

I would presume a local club taking it over would get either cheap or free fishing on the understanding that day tickets were made available to anyone asking.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com