Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kevin Moss

any info appreciated
« on: 25/07/2015 at 16:11 »

Could you please be on the look out for anyone selling a rod ,reel and floating line which was taken from the fishery yesterday.The rod belongs to an 84 yr old gent who fishes here everyday and most will know who that is and how much his fishing means to him and to find it had been taken is quite a blow.This is as low as you can get.It is a 9ft 6in "Morayflyfisher"rod and easily recognised.

If the culprit is reading this you have a chance to return it before we plaster your picture and picture of your car all over the place.We do have some good pictures to show.Thankfully this person has not fished here before and wont be welcomed again.You know who you are and so do we and so will everyone else.Thieves are not welcome here when they do this to anyone especially an 84 yr old gent.

That is why we have cameras here,not to watch anglers but for security and for incidents like this,no other reason and honest people should have no worries about them.

Rob Brownfield

Re: any info appreciated
« Reply #1 on: 27/07/2015 at 07:17 »
I saw on your facebook page that you have given this gentleman a new rod, reel and line.

I think you deserve a big pat on the back for that Kevin. Well done!  :z16 :z16 :z16 :z16 :z16

Hope the Police follow up the information you have given them.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: 27/07/2015 at 12:16 »
Kevin,

I hope the person responsible for this gets everything that is coming to them. It does not get much lower than that.

Eddie.

Kevin Moss

« Reply #3 on: 27/07/2015 at 13:25 »
I saw on your facebook page that you have given this gentleman a new rod, reel and line.

I think you deserve a big pat on the back for that Kevin. Well done!  :z16 :z16 :z16 :z16 :z16

Hope the Police follow up the information you have given them.

yes that's true Rob,we class the fishery as a community and he is a big part so its the least we could do.Alot of updates some we cant publish, but heres hoping.Plenty of video footage of him and his car(no number plate on the front of it) so if you see him where you fish or anywhere else let us know or the Police he will be upto no good.these people don't deserve  anonymity.

flyloon

« Reply #4 on: 29/07/2015 at 23:54 »
Well done that nice  man who gave him a rod but think this guy who stole his rod should be reported to police for it  anyway glad you manage to help out with rod what is world coming to lucky u had cameras

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 30/07/2015 at 07:39 »
Well done that nice  man who gave him a rod but think this guy who stole his rod should be reported to police for it  anyway glad you manage to help out with rod what is world coming to lucky u had cameras

I believe the Police are indeed involved. Video footage of the chap taking the rod and his car.

Allan Liddle

« Reply #6 on: 30/07/2015 at 10:35 »
Shocking news Kevin, well done you on the replacement and hopefully the incident doesn't spoil the anglers future enjoyment.

As for the culprit, good to know it's in the hands of the police

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #7 on: 31/07/2015 at 04:02 »
If it were me, i'd be notifying the other fisheries in the area of the guys reg plate with the hope that he no longer has any access to fishing!

I couldn't even comprehend taking somebody else's fishing gear.

:z18

Steven

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com