Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Alan Davidson

Buying spare spigots
« on: 25/07/2015 at 09:10 »
Can anyone please let me know where to buy carbon spigots?
I emailed Hardy to ask if they sold them.
They replied telling me to send the tip to them and they would charge £55.
Thanks
A.

Sandy Nelson

Re: Buying spare spigots
« Reply #1 on: 25/07/2015 at 09:14 »
Sorry Alan

Thats probably the best idea, they will be a bugger to get out without damaging the blank, unless it has fallen out already.
No-one i know of sells them off the shelf and then you would need to get them the right size, which would further complicate things.

Maybe Someone else knows more, or somewhere you can get, but i can't find any, sorry :z8

Only other thing i can think of as an option would be perhaps to find some solid fiberglass rod and then cut a piece to fit and bond it in with some good quality epoxy, it would add some weight to the area though so might change the feel of the rod.

Sandy

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #2 on: 25/07/2015 at 15:24 »
I have gone down the Solid glass spigot road and it is amazing how much flex there is in the Glass , when you are casting it looks like an elbow in the rod, I tried some steel golf club shaft on a bait rod and that is just as bad,  I have made up a spigot from a bit of broken Carbon rod , this was much better but unless the tapers are spot on it will work loose with casting, it took a lot of building up with the carbon spray even then it wasn't great , if this is an expensive rod then bite the bullet, it's one repair I don't like doing, at least hardys will make a proper job  easgach 1

Alan Davidson

« Reply #3 on: 26/07/2015 at 08:41 »
Thank you for your advice.
First thought was get it done properly but the hassle of posting and the price put me off.
Ill just get the experts to fix it.
Thanks again
Alan

Colin Sunley

« Reply #4 on: 26/07/2015 at 11:55 »
Some things are just not worth the hassle and bother
Let the experts sort it out for you

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com