Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Colin Sunley

Great Glen Water Park,
« on: 02/07/2015 at 20:08 »
Am going down to the Great Glen Water Park this month for the a week and have been searching the web for places to fish in the area.
Web search is a little vague and positive advise seems a little thin on the Ground, 
 (Trout but taking salmon rod as well )
Loch Garry, Seemed a bit steep for a day fishing hire of boat etc,  Considering some hill Locks I have seen only a £10 ticket,
River Garry, Is a bit vague on where to fish, but seems on the cards any information would be helpful.

AM staying on the banks of Lock Oich, but again a little vague where to fish,  might find out more when down there, but chances are I'll get a receptionist without a Clue,

Any advise would be Grateful

Hamish Young

Re: Great Glen Water Park,
« Reply #1 on: 02/07/2015 at 21:48 »
Lochs..... not locks FFS  :X1 Locks are found on doors and canals. Lochs have water and sometimes fish.

Colin who runs the fishing on the River Garry could not be a more helpful soul so if planning a trip there I am sure he will see you right. Speak to him about a boat on Loch Oich.
Loch Garry - not many folks to get boats from these days so steep or not that's the rate.

If money is tight then don't call Mark Hirst. Mark is fishing guide based primarily on Loch Arkaig but knows the waters in that part of the world well. A day or maybe two with him would be a day or days well spent, he keeps Stan Headley right so that must be praise of the biblical kind indeed. 07879437471 is the number I have for Mark.

You maybe need to broaden that internet search a smidgen, there's loads of water you could explore from where you're going to be staying :! River Oich :? Loch Lochy :? River Lochy :?

H :cool:

Colin Sunley

« Reply #2 on: 02/07/2015 at 22:29 »
 :z14 :z14 :z14 Was kind of hoping you would wander by, Much appreciated, 

Yes Lochs,  :X1 Its been a long day, ,

I  know there is some information, but most is outdated,  garden paths springs to mind,  Hotels Closed, etc.

I have found info on the ones you have mentioned and have not ruled them out  thanks but I have deliberately looked at places close by, as am sure I would get lost on some hill loch and there are a few I would love to branch out too perhaps on another trip with like minded people in the future.

again much appreciated,

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 03/07/2015 at 07:37 »
Ahem, but there are Locks between some of the Lochs, with large Locks on the Locks to stop people opening them and letting he water out the Loch....oh me...the heat in here!

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 03/07/2015 at 09:07 »
I worry about you Rob - sometimes  :X1

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 03/07/2015 at 10:48 »
I worry about you Rob - sometimes  :X1

So hot in here....

Colin Sunley

« Reply #6 on: 03/07/2015 at 15:27 »
Do you have contact details for Colin (river garry)
😆😆or would smoke signals be enough 😅😅😅😅

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 03/07/2015 at 18:47 »
Smoke signals would potentially be a fire hazard  :wink

All the info yo need is here:

http://www.rivergarry.com/

H :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com