Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

andygriff

New here
« on: 24/06/2015 at 13:04 »
Hi all, just purchased a GT125 and plan to put it into action this evening. I have to say delivery speed was outstanding... I only ordered it Monday and it was there for me when I got home on the Tuesday.   :z14

I ordered it on the back of massive recommendation by a regular at my local water (Garnffrwd) together with 15 minutes of casting it on his rod, which is similar to my own. To say I was impressed would be an understatement but it will be having a good old swish this evening.  :cool:

I do have a question though... are there any surface treatments you would recommend to keep it in tiptop condition.  :?

Mike Barrio

Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: 24/06/2015 at 13:19 »
Hi Andy,
Welcome to the forum :z16

Thanks for your kind comments, I hope you enjoy fishing your line!
Permaplas and Mucilin Green are both good for the lines ..... and most other proper fly line treatments seem to work well to be honest.

Best wishes
Mike

andygriff

« Reply #2 on: 25/06/2015 at 09:16 »
Put the line through its paces last night....  what can I say, first off absolutely dead straight with no coils or memory. Soft and smooth in the hand when playing fish and also slides effortlessly through the rings during casting. Fly delivery was excellent on short, medium and long casts. I was looking for a replacement for a Snowbee Extreme Distance and I have to say this is better without question.  :cool:

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 25/06/2015 at 10:48 »
Thanks Andy ...... I'm really pleased that you like your line :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com