Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Howard & Stuart

Lochter Fishery, Oldmeldrum, are teaming up with Somers Fishing Tackle Aberdeen to stage a Senior/Junior day on Sunday 29th March.

Mums, Dads,  Grandas,  Grannies,  Uncles & Aunties can bring along a junior who will be introduced to fishing and will receive a new rod & reel courtesy of Somers.

The aim of the day is to encourage youngsters to try the Healthy & Happy sport of fishing.

There will be help on hand and plenty of fish to catch. A big take up is
expected and would be participants should contact Somers on 01224 210008 or Lochter Fishery on 01651 872787 or 872000.

Action continues at Lochter with the Trout Masters Final on Sunday 12th April and the Spring Singles Competition on Sunday 19th April.

During the past week the water temperature has lifted slightly and the buzzer fishing has become the favoured method. Scott Ingles & Andy Thomson had sixteen between them and top lady angler Lesley Johnston landed seven using a combination of black and olive Buzzers. Pete Green had a great day catching a releasing eleven; again all on Buzzers while a mix of Buzzers and Okey Dokey brought nine to the net of G Moir.

Lures did have their moments with John Laing grassing six on the WSW and Harry Connor seven on a Cats Whisker.
If as seems likely the conditions continue to warm up then the smallest flies, nymphs, buzzers and eventually dries will perform better and better.

On another note, we noticed a new topic about Lochter failing to keep their report uploaded weekly, apologies all round, it is a busy time at Lochter in general and keeping these things going weekly sometimes gets missed out. Thank you Mike for your support and response which was very fair and true as we would like to keep posting as intended.

Happy Fishing Y'all   :z16

Bill Wood

Thanks for the report. I was out on Saturday in the gale. It was a bit windy for buzzers but I caught 2. One on a squiggly worm and one on a chamois worm.
 Also a wee bit late for me for the Senior/junior day as I would have had my nephew along
Bill

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com