Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Re: Big tubes
« Reply #15 on: 24/03/2015 at 17:10 »
I think we should go fishing some time Rob.... your fly philosophy seems uncannily similar to mine  :z16

Liking the flies hugely  :cool:

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #16 on: 25/03/2015 at 07:46 »
I think we should go fishing some time Rob.... your fly philosophy seems uncannily similar to mine  :z16

Liking the flies hugely  :cool:

Why thank you kind sir!! Seem to be on a bit of a spree just now, tied up some rather large orange monsters last night, just have to add the heads.

For some reason I got brain freeze when it came to the poppers I wanted to tie for the coming few weeks. I wanted something with plenty of splash and bulk but they were coming out too slim. Just could not get them big enough despite using 6/0 long shank hooks.

Maybe tonight the inspiration will hit me!.

As for fishing, anytime...just don't laugh at my casting disability!

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #17 on: 25/03/2015 at 08:11 »
I've got some big polystrene floats i bought for tying GT poppers.
Still have a heap left over, pm your address i can send them over :z16 They might help, they are already shaped nicely for a popper and should fit a 6/0 hook :z12 Thats why i got them originally. Might help inspire and save you some time :z16
They have tubes in them too, so could be used as tube flies

Sandy

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #18 on: 25/03/2015 at 08:39 »
I've got some big polystrene floats i bought for tying GT poppers.
Still have a heap left over, pm your address i can send them over :z16 They might help, they are already shaped nicely for a popper and should fit a 6/0 hook :z12 Thats why i got them originally. Might help inspire and save you some time :z16
They have tubes in them too, so could be used as tube flies

Sandy

Sandy, you are a star!!! I managed to get some foam heads, but they are too small really. Ok for up to 6", but I need BIG :)

Let me know how much you want for them :)

PM inbound

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com