Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Marc Fauvet

that's a lovely find Mike. thanks  :z16

Euan Innes

The bits with Colin Simpson and his parents are truly excellent but the arty "watercolour" pish drove me insane.
I would make a lovely 30 minute factual programme.
And check out the guy around half way through that is clearly not playing a fish but is having his line pulled by the production assistant.
 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

The flies are also very pretty.  :z16

:z1

Will Shaw

I really liked the arty push bits!

An unexpectedly lovely film. :z16

Hamish Young

I disliked the film when it came out for and I still dislike it now - mostly for the arty pish that detracts from the story that I am interested in.

There's the rub.... it's not a film about what I (as a fly fisher and fly tier) would like to see. It's aimed squarely at a more general market and there it does I have to say ( albeit grudgingly) work.
It is beautifully shot (on the whole) and does cover a topic most would never have considered making into a film, so it has some merit there.

Me :? I'd rather watch 'How to Spey cast' with Michael Daunt. Now that is entertainment.

H

Will Shaw

Agreed Hamish. If you want to watch a film about salmon fishing or fly tying you'll be disappointed. But if you want to watch a film that captures the anachronistic otherworldliness of remote locations and people, this is a good 'un.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com