Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Re: Alexander Grant memorial spey casting competition
« Reply #30 on: 09/09/2015 at 10:45 »
Final results for the Alexander Grant Memorial Casting Competition.

A cracking facebook page to keep a eye on this one always plenty interesting stuff  :z16 :z16

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ness-District-Salmon-Fishery-Board/649812418411879

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #31 on: 12/09/2015 at 16:28 »
Write up in the Inverness courier mention of a Hamish Young, 2nd local, well done sorry I didn't make it easgach 1

Hamish Young

« Reply #32 on: 17/10/2015 at 09:33 »
Nice to see this event get a write up with plenty of pics in the current issue of FF&FT :z16

Rumour has it that there may be a similar event in 2017 (perhaps with events for both single and double handed rods) to mark the centenary of the Inverness AC, we'll see.

:cool:

Peter McCallum

« Reply #33 on: 17/10/2015 at 14:38 »
2017?? Pity it wasn't going to be an annual one  :cry

Hamish Young

« Reply #34 on: 17/10/2015 at 16:45 »
I'd like to see an annual event myself Peter and based on the Alexander Grant event I think Inverness is possibly 'up there' as one of the best places to in Scotland to host such an event.

However, if I'm honest this years event didn't have as many local casters at it as there might have been (and by locals I mean Brits). That's despite the fact that it was reasonably well 'out there' in the media as an event that would be happening.
Perhaps something every two years is 'sustainable' in terms of attracting competitors from the UK and abroad.
We'll see what happens, perhaps the demise of the CLA and associated world class casting events might see a resurgence in making something happen annually elsewhere in the UK.

Be nice if it were in Scotland, but anywhere in the UK would be good.

H :cool:

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com