Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Colin Sunley

Fishery or Private
« on: 06/01/2015 at 12:47 »
At .................. there appears to be the makings of a fishery,  two small ponds all filled and prepped, Small boat and log cabin in place.
I have not seen anyone fishing it yet, If it is not private I  would say they would not be long in opening.  If its private then what a cracking place to chill after work, 

Anyone know anything about this place, 

Col

Mike: I have edited this post and removed a couple of replies to help to protect the location :wink

sarahf

Re: Fishery or Private
« Reply #1 on: 15/01/2015 at 16:03 »
Guys,
not wanting to put a damper on things but I can confirm that the fishery is private for my own personal use, a retirement dream as a lifelong fly fisher.

I took the opportunity to develop an unused overgrown site to where we are at present with the project.  As you will appreciate there have been many hours and considerable expense put into it. 

Disappointingly, I have been poached twice by netting, resulting in having to install CCTV around the property and am now cooperating with a Police Wildlife Crime project as not only have we experienced poaching but also equipment theft, thus the reason for the Lodge and fencing.

Badger

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 16/01/2015 at 07:21 »
Oh my, sorry to hear about the poaching. Disgraceful!

Trout I presume?

Good luck with your amazing venture!!!

Mark Zhang

« Reply #3 on: 16/01/2015 at 09:50 »
Sorry to hear that. Badger. Hope it won't happen again. That's my dream too. All the best to you. Cheers.

Mark

Colin Mckinnon

« Reply #4 on: 17/01/2015 at 23:11 »
A dream shared by many on the forum im sure. Including me  :wink  hope your poaching problems are over badger...now...just need to find which pub you drink in  :z4 :z18

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 17/01/2015 at 23:17 »
Sorry to hear of your problems mate, no respect these days.

Noel Kelly

« Reply #6 on: 18/01/2015 at 19:16 »
Sorry to hear of your problems mate, no respect these days.

Jim that video is quiet something, I think you may need to lay off the mushrooms.  :z16

Jim Eddie

« Reply #7 on: 18/01/2015 at 19:51 »
Jim that video is quiet something, I think you may need to lay off the mushrooms.  :z16

Just back from my travels Noel, so perhaps I over indulged on the falling down juice :z13

It's based on a scene from Flash Gordon BTW  :wink

:z18

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com