Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Abel

Ice report
« on: 28/12/2014 at 12:30 »
Hi guys anybody know of any fishery not frozen and open I am desperate for a cast :z8. I will travel anywhere in Aberdeenshire up to Elgin thanks for any replies James   :z16

Jim Eddie

Re: Ice report
« Reply #1 on: 28/12/2014 at 16:55 »
I think you are out of luck James, can't think of anywhere likely to be ice free

:z18

Jim

James Abel

« Reply #2 on: 28/12/2014 at 17:47 »
I have been told the Glen of Rothes is open, there is hope  :z12 I have never been there before but I am going up in the morning the main part is open but the small one is iced over. I think everywhere else is iced over round my neck of the woods :z6. I am praying its a mild winter but it's not of to a good start jim. Plenty time to tie flies for the summer though  :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 28/12/2014 at 18:30 »
Kevin posted this about the Glen a wee while ago :z16

Small loch pump on and water clearing fast so should have water open in the small loch on Monday morning, Main loch has plenty of water open with very little ice to speak of. Remember tomorrow is last day then we close for new year and reopen for the New season on Saturday 3rd Jan.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 03/01/2015 at 23:12 »
I imagine the local fisheries would have been frozen today ..... it was more than a tad nippy in Inverurie this morning, the pavements were certainly 'interesting' to walk on :shock

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com